News: Beaver seeks new club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Super League's oldest player, Steve Menzies, is looking for a new club for next season after admitting he is unlikely to remain with Bradford.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5053-beaver-seeks-new-club.html">Read the full article</a>

if he only wants one more season, we should call him up!
i reckon he'd play for minimum wage

There is zero chance Beaver would play for minimum wage. Outside of his love of the game and avoidance of settling down to a 'decent' job he would have a giant loan over half the property on the northern beaches he has to service. :)

Make him our CEO next year.  Might help attract sponsorship.

The club could also employ him as a lobbyist to try and get us funding for brookie from the federal government. 

Sounds like he's taking after his old partner in crime Cliffy Lyons - He might play until he's 50!

kingyfan link said:
Make him our CEO next year.  Might help attract sponsorship.

The club could also employ him as a lobbyist to try and get us funding for brookie from the federal government. 

Beaver is an absolute champion, a legend and an asset to the club - no question - but CEO of the Sea Eagles is far too important a role to give to a business novice.

I suggest he run for Prime Minister instead.

If Beaver is looking for a new club then there is only one option . Its time to bring the Beaver home ! I would love to see the Beaver back for another year , he would'nt even have to play every week .

Bring Him home
Imagine what it would do for the crowds at brookie
he would bring in an extra 1000 a game easy.

Surely off the bench he would be a better option than Bailey

Ive got half a mongeral just thinking about the beaver ;)

I would love to see Beaver playin for us immensley.... But he had the best send off ever 40-0 and a try in the GF Vs the cheating scum.....

He will be back to manly soon but imho not as a player.

I would love Beaver to return. There is now dispensation in the cap for long-term players. One more game would put him in the outright lead for most first grade games played in the NRL (with only Lockyer a chance to overtake him in a couple of years). He would be an inspiration both on and off the field.
Yes, make the call Des/Graham. We want him back!

Bring back Beaver. Agree with kurri eagle on not needing to play every game. He can take over from Bailey. Be a utility and play 15-20 mins a game.
Lockyer will break the games record though.

Barry Hyland link said:
I would love Beaver to return. There is now dispensation in the cap for long-term players. One more game would put him in the outright lead for most first grade games played in the NRL (with only Lockyer a chance to overtake him in a couple of years). He would be an inspiration both on and off the field.
Yes, make the call Des/Graham. We want him back!

There was talk of dispensation for long serving players, they went with upping the marquee player fee instead I think, the long serving player thing is still better but not by as much as some people thought it would be.

And as to him playing at Leeds.... NOOOOOO No No No No

One a ESL forum it has been mentioned Leeds as a possible new home for him.

But I see here he might end up at either Huddersfield, Wakefield or 'Quins.
Out of those three I think Huddersfield would be the best option.

The Bradford fan's are deadset filthy about this

Does anyone know why? Is it his choice or the club?

If he is wanting to move on then not a good sign for Bradford as they have then offended two players, Beaver and Ox.

Beaver is a smart customer when it comes to investments Manly Backer and also has some very savvy mates around him in Menzies Financial Services here in Brookie.

Having attended a couple of the MFS seminars in 09, my uneducated guess would be that out of all the footie players in recent years, Beaver might be up the top of those who are well set up for life with sound investments - I'm sure we'd all hope he is at least.

Sure, a solid portfolio has to be fed cash to keep going.....but lets hope the impossible happens and Beaver doesn't need big cash and comes back as centre/forward/fiveeighth/mr spakfilla etc

Hooroo, BG

Best i can offer is a FART

1. B Stewart
2. M Robertson
3. S Matai
4. J Lyon
5. D Williams
6 K. Foran
7. D Chery-Evans
8. J King
9. M Ballin
10. B Kite