News: Bears to take rebirth fight to the streets

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p class="first">It was a march through the streets of Sydney that proved the driving force behind South Sydney getting back into the NRL, and now the Bears are hoping people power can boost their bid for readmission.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4778-bears-to-take-rebirth-fight-to-the-streets.html">Read the full article</a>

I might be alone on here, but I would personally love to see the Bears back in the top flight. Would be a damn sight better than the scum we have operating out of Melbourne presently

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I might be alone on here, but I would personally love to see the Bears back in the top flight. Would be a damn sight better than the scum we have operating out of Melbourne presently

I would not mind it either, it adds another stong rival to verse. The club i believe would be all for it aswell because it adds good revenue for the club. I would love to see a manly v norths match as i think it would be full of passion.

I'd like to see the storm dissolved and the bears put back in playing out of Melbourne - of course no part of this would make good business sense, but foundation clubs never should have folded or merged they should have been relocated into the expansion areas as a last resort before new franchises were ever granted.

missing_something link said:
foundation clubs never should have folded or merged they should have been relocated into the expansion areas as a last resort before new franchises were ever granted.

It was a bit hard for Norths back then because they were broke.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=183319.msg262580#msg262580 date=1273890928]

foundation clubs never should have folded or merged they should have been relocated into the expansion areas as a last resort before new franchises were ever granted.

[/quote]

Yes but the NRL has topped up the Storm up to 12 Million a year so they could have afforded to pay the relocation costs and funding to those clubs like Norths had they moved.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=183319.msg262581#msg262581 date=1273891185]

[quote author=missing_something link=topic=183319.msg262580#msg262580 date=1273890928]

[/quote]

Yes but the NRL has topped up the Storm up to 12 Million a year so they could have afforded to pay the relocation costs and funding to those clubs like Norths had they moved.
[/quote]

You forget that John Ribot was deeply involved in the Super League and demanded that he gets his own team in Melbourne as part of the truce and disbandment of Super League and the merging with the ARL to form the NRL.

I would love to see Norths replace Melbourne. I would also love to see Ribot gone from the game. He is the fruitloop behind the legal action from the scum.

im glad the bears are dead
they are parasites who could take responsabilty for the own fcuk ups and would rather blame manly.

1908 - 99 and 1.5 premierships they deserve to be dead

when they can pay the players from season 99 the other 83 cents in a dollar maybe consider letting the bastards back

they tried the hardest to kill us in 2002 and couldnt even do that

may they rot in RL hell
with melbourne soon to join them

Cambo link said:
im glad the bears are dead
they are parasites who could take responsabilty for the own fcuk ups and would rather blame manly.

1908 - 99 and 1.5 premierships they deserve to be dead

when they can pay the players from season 99 the other 83 cents in a dollar maybe consider letting the bastards back

they tried the hardest to kill us in 2002 and couldnt even do that

may they rot in RL hell
with melbourne soon to join them

This.

Put sentiment aside and you will realise that there are no juniors in the lower north shore and no ground that can compete in the current comp

I would like having the bears in the comp for tradition but let's be honest, out of north Sydney they have no hope, out of gosford they arentvthe bears.

Its better to give a license back to an old club with a fresh outlook than to give it to a heartless corportation looking to turn our game into nothing more than another money making machine.

Give it to norths. Any club willing to fight as long as they have to get their spot in the NRL back deserves a place more than the cheating scum south of the NSW boarder.

Why The Bears though? Make a Central Coast team a Central Coast team. For the people up there. Make them "The Central Coast Denture Capitals" or something. 

I can just see the all those North Sydney supporters streaming out of the phone box out side Percys and marching on NRL head quarters......

Maybe they can also pay us back from the Northern Eagles debt we were forced to endure after they bailed out of that and we had to pay all the players.

The Wheel link said:
I can just see the all those North Sydney supporters streaming out of the phone box out side Percys and marching on NRL head quarters......
I just hope that Florimo takes the sidecar to his motorbike to cater for the crowd of people that wish to march with him for the Bears.

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=183319.msg262673#msg262673 date=1274049488]
I just hope that Florimo takes the sidecar to his motorbike to cater for the crowd of people that wish to march with him for the Bears.
[/quote]

Just the skateboard needed.

They've extended the length of time the green man flashes on the crossing at falcon and miller streets by 3 seconds to account for the anticipated crowd.  

Bring 'em back I say - always enjoyed the rivalry.  

The Central coast is not north sydney and should have no reference to the bears.

Central coast deliverence team with a banjo as their symbol.  They can play duelling banjos as they run on to the field. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4