News: Be-Whare the rookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>IN the space of 12 weeks, Sea Eagles recruit Dean Whare has gone from Toyota Cup anonymity to becoming the second-fastest man at his new club.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4540-be-whare-the-rookie.html">Read the full article</a>

This can not be a good sign

“Steve Matai has given me heaps of advice about positioning myself in defence,” Whare said.

“Where to stand, and the options to take in both defence and attack.”

it's a shame because he was sounding like a decent prospect

That is the kiss of death for the bloke. 

The last rookie that was tagged the second fastest Manly player was Adam Luchetti.  He is now making pizzas for a living.

I am still more concerned with matai giving someone tips on defense....I am guessing it went something like this

"ah bro, what you want to do bro is that you want to make sure you are about 2 metres from where you should be, then to cover it up rush out of the line and try to put on a big hit bro, if you miss it's ok cause everyone just thinks you were putting on the big hit bro"

Hopefully he can overcome the 'bro' connection and also seek out some tips from Jamie Lyon. And Des for that matter. I watched Whare in one tv match late last year, pretty sure he played on the right. He scored a dazzling try using footwork balance and speed, but did not impress in defence.

A couple of months ago i saw the boys down at manly - he had his arm in a sling

He put off surgery to play in that falacy known as Intrernational Rugby League. He should have had surgery straight off the bat. He needs that neck of his sorted out for more reasons than football (and thinking longer term).

after the international stuff? I remember an article in the manly daily stating he had surgery.. But then again you see that every year with Matai..

“Steve Matai has given me heaps of advice about positioning myself in defence,” Whare said.

Having an average day today but that line made me smile. Enjoyed your expansion of the conversation Dan and I reckon it wouldn't have been too far off the mark.

Bradza link said:
"Don't turn your back cuz and let them king hit ya."

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8