News: Arko inducted into Australia's Sporting Hall of Fame

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>KEN Arthurson’s induction into Australia’s Sporting Hall of Fame this week in a just reward for a lifetime of service to the game of rugby league by the Sea Eagles legend.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5220-arko-inducted-into-australias-sporting-hall-of-fame.html">Read the full article</a>

I have had the great pleasure in talking to Arko at some length at the two Gold Coast functions held in 2009 and 2010. He is very aware of the MWTS and my involvement and so has been very keen to find out how we got it all running and what we do to keep the fires alight. It's quite amazing how sharp he is and I doubt there would be many 81 year olds like him.

He's a true gentleman and I was in awe in speaking with him, and the fact that he was so very keen to continue the conversation beyond a simple shake of the hand and move to the next person showed his continued interest in seeing the Eagles prosper.

This is a marvellous award for him and I am sure all Manly fans would join me in congratulating him.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I have had the great pleasure in talking to Arko at some length at the two Gold Coast functions held in 2009 and 2010. He is very aware of the MWTS and my involvement and so has been very keen to find out how we got it all running and what we do to keep the fires alight. It's quite amazing how sharp he is and I doubt there would be many 81 year olds like him.

He's a true gentleman and I was in awe in speaking with him, and the fact that he was so very keen to continue the conversation beyond a simple shake of the hand and move to the next person showed his continued interest in seeing the Eagles prosper.

This is a marvellous award for him and I am sure all Manly fans would join me in congratulating him.

I too have had the chance to have a lengthy chat with the legend that is the Godfather of Manly at this years Gold Coast Game.

I too was overwhelmed with the fact that he did not just shake my hand but chose to converse with me even when someone else tried to butt in.

He was especially impressed that I made it over there from Perth

I congratulate him on a very well deserved accolade.

Well done Godfather

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6