News: An eager new Eagle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

deadlyeagle

Reserve Grader
<div class="byline">Like his big brother Ben, former Batemans Bay rugby league player Matt Cross can’t wait to put a disappointing 2009 NRL season behind him and get going again in 2010.</div>
<div class="byline" />

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4473-an-eager-new-eagle.html">Read the full article</a>

Are we still sending players to the Sunny Coast. I though NSWRL put a stop to that

He did play a load of first grade last year for the Storm, may be a direct swap for Glen Hall. It seems a good signing, provides more depth

Garts link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=182244.msg248696#msg248696 date=1262900608]
Are we still sending players to the Sunny Coast. I though NSWRL put a stop to that

I think that is from 2011.  But not 100% sure.
[/quote]  2011 I think.  I wonder what the Sunshine Coast side will change their name to.  Bligh's?

Yeah this is the last year for us and the SC unless something happens and the morons who head up the NSWRL or wherever find a heart.

I think Cross will be a big performer this year.  Should give the others a boost, like Perry hopefully.  And i'm actually excited to see how Gulavao goes, he just reminds me of an old bull that still runs hard

08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Chris Bailey or Terrence Seu Seu
15. Brent Kite
16. George Rose
17. Joe Galuvau or Tony Williams

who will be dropped for him???? Sunshine Coast - nothing more barring heavy injury.

Vic Maura and Darcy Lussick would also be ahead of him imo.

He started a good number of games for the Storm so he can not be all bad.  He will provide competition and if someone such as Rose, Bailey or Rodney is a little down on form Cross will probably come in.  However to start the season he would probably only get a run when injuries/suspension occur as you said Ryan.  But if he gets his shot and is impressive he might stick around.

I do not view this as a poor signing at all.  Every squad can not have superstars in every squad position and others such as Perry etc knowing they have more competition could very well lift them up a notch.  If he can start in the Storms pack he will not look out of place in ours. 

You can nver have too many props - lets face it after the season Kite/Perry had they need some hurry up.  Hopefully Cross will assist in lifting their motivation levels.

I'd rate him similar than Bryant who won a Premiership with us.  I would suggest he could dethrone Rodney or Bailey.  Neither were wonderful last year and need to be looking over their shoulder.

The Wheel link said:
You can nver have too many props - lets face it after the season Kite/Perry had they need some hurry up.  Hopefully Cross will assist in lifting their motivation levels.

never a truer post

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6