News: All bets are off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>SPONSORSHIP of one of the most successful rugby league clubs of the past 40 years is again up for sale with a betting agent ready to step in as the Sea Eagles’ major sponsor for the next three seasons.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4922-all-bets-are-off.html">Read the full article</a>

ManlyBacker link said:
<p>SPONSORSHIP of one of the most successful rugby league clubs of the past 40 years is again up for sale with a betting agent ready to step in as the Sea Eagles’ major sponsor for the next three seasons.</p>

<a href=\"http://silvertails.net/news/4922-all-bets-are-off.html\">Read the full article</a>

1 word.....Vodafone

WAMF link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=183868.msg271750#msg271750 date=1278316969]

<a href=\"http://silvertails.net/news/4922-all-bets-are-off.html\">Read the full article</a>

1 word.....Vodafone
[/quote]

Conflicts with Telstra so I don't think they will be allowed by NRL

Seaeagle63 link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=183868.msg271752#msg271752 date=1278317261]
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=183868.msg271750#msg271750 date=1278316969]

1 word.....Vodafone
[/quote]

[/quote]
Double standards for the same competition.

Seaeagle63 link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=183868.msg271752#msg271752 date=1278317261]

1 word.....Vodafone
[/quote]

[/quote]

Don't they already sponsor the Warriors?

Yeah they do,i think its the Vodaphone Warriors to,as we are until the end of the year the Quantum Sea Eagles

All I hope is that we get a major sponsor on board ASAP, some of the doom and gloom thrown around on here has made me a little nervous.

Guy's we played as the Pepsi Sea Eagles in the Coca Cola 7's (and won it) Personally I think the NRL should mind there own business in sponsorship regards  

New sponsors Mr Lowe maybe chasing:

Ok Tedi Sea Eagles (Cyanide Sea Eagles). Big in PNG.
Maori TV Sea Eagles (The Manly TV's!!!!) Co sponsor Victoria's secret.

Agreed Ant.  I can't see why the NRL get their knickers in a knot with this issue.  I don't really think anyone is likely to change phone connections because of a football sponsorship.  Anyway vodaphone aren't into sports betting or are they?  
Victoria's Secrets would be awesome.  Huge money in woman's lingerie.  We could get into Lingerie League as well. 

The Warriors are only allowed Vodafone due to them already having them on board prior to Telstra sponsorship

That Centrebet sponsorship is apparently a big increase on what we are currently getting for that spot

I can understand where the NRL stands on this one

Telstra would be paying massive coin for naming rights of the competition, so naturally they wouldn't want to see a competitor in the same sponsorship market

So is it saying we can have Centrebet (if they did decide to upgrade) on the front of the jersey and as main/major sponsors, but not allowed to be called the Centrebet Sea Eagles?

I wonder who else is in line to sponsor us

Telstra are a 50% owner of Foxtel along with News and PBL. Hang on don't Foxtel have the rights to broadcast the NRL on Fox Sports, and aren't News a 50% owner of the NRL ? Sounds a bit incestuous to me, someone should look at getting some independant administration into the NRL to avoid these embarrassing conflicts ;).

You do the math as to why Telstra's exclusive advertising/marketing rights are protected.

Matabele link said:
Fantastic.  Why not just put Winfield on the front of the jumpers and be done with it.

Because betting agencies don't affect families as much as cigarettes do.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6