News: Alan Jones set for gig on NRL independent commission

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You're right Frogz, although any board containing Lamb would make me sick.  Maybe he sees this as an avenue to get on the Commission.  Surely there must be ex-players out there with integrity and talent.   

The problem is the 'power' of Jones. Noone is game to publicly criticize him or stand up to his nonsense in fear of being notorized on his radio show.

He was shown up as the fake he is when he tried his TV programme on Channel 10 and had to appear as himself rather than as some manufactured persona on the radio waves, protected by talk-back and cash for comment. He sunk without trace.

Wheel - you are right - I cannot stand the man!!!

DSM5 link said:
You're right Frogz, although any board containing Lamb would make me sick.  Maybe he sees this as an avenue to get on the Commission.  Surely there must be ex-players out there with integrity and talent.   
Des Hasler.

I hate Jones, he has a bias radio segment and professes to be an expert on everything and everything. He's got a huge ego and I can't see him working as a team. Anyone who disagrees with him will be vilified.

DSM5 link said:
Mark, your support for Howard onto the Commission would just invite divisiveness, rancor and bitterness into the picture.  He's yesterday's man and should stay there.  He represents one side of a political and social divide that is a long way from the working class roots of this game.  Sure the top dogs have moved onto higher salaries and rorts, but the mass of followers are the working class.  And his attitude towards Aboriginals is well known.  Players of Aboriginal descent make up a large proportion of the playing roster of any club.  The same can be said for Alan Jones.  He thrives on divisiveness and the snide remark.  What I can't understand is Penn's support for a person who is plainly ineligable to sit on the Commission.  Weird really.  And I feel sick every time I see Terry Lamb's name mentioned.      

I totally agree about little Johnny.  And I have similar concerns with Jones.  Only difference with Jones is despite his baggage I can see how he could still be valuable to an IC, however I do think he would have a limited shelf life of a few years.

If they let this self serving egotitical swine into the fold, get ready for fire works.Alan jones is a grub of the highest order.He would only do the job to grow his MASSIVE ego and to hog the ever dwindling limelight.

I can't Stand Alan Jones. He's well connected alright - to a daisy chain outside a London toilet block. He only has an opinion if the money's right.

Ant80 link said:
I read that Steve Waugh's name was mentioned some where along the lines
deadset  whats these cricketers  getting involved in rugby league for ,we already have 1 inept ex-cricketer in gallop,  fukkn league up already dont want  any more willow swingers involved  in the game..

Ray hadley over alan jones any day if they're considering media types.

Mark McInnes is looking for a new job if all else fails.

jjai link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=186006.msg307163#msg307163 date=1290507854]
I read that Steve Waugh's name was mentioned some where along the lines
deadset  whats these cricketers  getting involved in rugby league for ,we already have 1 inept ex-cricketer in gallop,  fukkn league up already dont want  any more willow swingers involved  in the game..
[/quote]

To be honest he is a rugby league man though, followed the Doggies most of his life.

It's a shame that Kate Page can't be involved due to be currently involved with the NRL, from my understanding has done a lot of good there.

DSM5 link said:
Lawrence Street as Chairman of the Board.  Move away from the crooks and the notorious.  Abandon the notion that retired football players have anything to offer, they don't.  Mundine (not the boxing mob but the political one from out Dubbo way) would be good (to tie in the race thing).  A couple of knobs from the rich end of town, Some captains of industry, Mike Baird (his son will be the next NSW state treasurer), Nick Greiner to tie up the next State government and Wendy Harmer or Sarah Murdoch or some other fem.  There you go.  Done.  
Marcus Einfeld will be looking for a gig. He should be available shortly.

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=shawn.b link=topic=186006.msg307165#msg307165 date=1290508240]
Realistically anyone who wants the job will have a favourite team. To be totally independent that would have no interest in the game so why would we want them.
Too true. I don't care what team a person follows but more about what they might offer to the Commission.

His credo is 'my way or the highway'  [/quote]

His credo may be that,but the publishing rights to "My Waqy or the Highway" belong to Stan Zemanec.That is the title of HIS book!I know Stan,too,had his knockers,but anyone who doesn't tow the PC crappo line on any subject is held up for ridicule...Vale Stan!!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4