News: A $600,000 windfall for our stars

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>NRL stars will be the biggest winners from an independent commission with the salary cap tipped to rise by $600,000 under a revamped management structure.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4486-a-600000-windfall-for-our-stars.html">Read the full article</a>

It is amazing the amount of money that could be available to all the clubs. $12M savings from an independent commission and add in $17M if they dump the new NRL super 'white elephant' headquarters and put it towards the game's development.

The Country Rugby League of NSW runs a series of competitions outside of the metro area and including the ACT and their responsibility is large. But do we also need a NSW Rugby League organisation for basically clubs that play in the NRL and for the rights to pick the City and SOO team? Just asking, but there are more heads in this lot than a bucket full of Hydras.

Snouts in the trough.  Nothing changes, and the money gets spent by fat old men in suits for themselves.  If the League had of been run by professionals for the last 100 years we'd be in clover.  Old footy players should just stay at the pub/club and blab on about past glories and keep their fat fingers out of the pie. 

I wonder who has made most money from the game. My guess is probably not any players or former players, though I could be wrong. Probably those who have got richest out of the game would include people who make money from advertising their products through the game, or from using it to sell tv subscriptions.

I'm guessing that the entire CRL runs on the smell of oily rags, and that that is less than < $17 million dollars for a bunch of fat cats to sit and do F'all in NRL headquarters. Nothing will change period.

Go down to Albury (major southern NSW town) and see if you can spot a RL field, you might but you'll see quite a few GayFL fields first.

Papers have it all wrong, who cares if we lose some "stars" coz they don't get "enough"? Give the extra cash to developing the game and making it strong, not lining the pockets of the whingers, bludgers and assorted psuedocrats.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6