News: $1m punt on Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" />
<p>THE Sea Eagles are still without a major sponsor for the 2011 NRL season, despite establishing a new commercial arrangement with Centrebet for the next three seasons.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5287-1m-punt-on-sea-eagles.html">Read the full article</a>

Top work Lowey. Congrats on the deal mate. Lets hope we can spark up a healthy relationship with Centrebet, and make it long term. I'd definitely call them marquee. I'd definitely call them profitable.

If we can just snare that elusive sponsor on the front, things will be looking sweet !!

Lets put the Centrebet deal into perspective.
1mil over 3 yrs = approx $333k per year.
That wouldn't even cover Killers contract.

Every bit helps and this is a good start but surely the club can and must do better.

WAMF link said:

Every bit helps and this is a good start but surely the club can and must do better.

still better than nothing

maybe we can get Sportingbet on the Front ;)

A naming rights/front of jersey sponsorship is now required - please let it be before Xmas

THE FITZ FILES

What an odd coincidence. In the same week that rugby league struggles with a growing stench concerning a flood of serious betting being placed on a minor unlikely event that subsequently didn't occur, international cricket has been devastated by irrefutable proof that the Pakistani Test team is corrupt. And we can all see the common feature. Sports that embrace sports betting are exactly like heavy smokers. Yes, it is pleasurable at first and a seductive source of revenue. Drag it down deep, there you go, and blow rings at the wowsers who fear for you. But the longer it goes and the more heavily it is inhaled, the more likely it really will turn cancerous. Attacking first at the fringes - minor players agreeing to do little things - it then metastasises from there, until the Test results tell the tale and it is obvious to all that the very soul of the sport is malignant.

Matabele link said:
What Peter Fitzsimmons says.

ok......., is often not worth listening to.

Too true in this case though.
Unfortunately, what Steve Miller says, is the way of the sporting world.

"go on, take the money and run"

WAMF link said:

From what I was told they are paying a lot more for the space on the jersey than what was currently being paid for that spot

Fitzsimmons can go blow. he hates League and continually drones on about any negative he can dredge up on the game.  I find it hard to find a 'flood of serious betting' with the league.  It seems to me there's an allegation of a couple of dodgy bets made on a game that didn't come off.  if the plunge was serious it would have happened.  It didn't, and that should tell us something about the game.  Nothing is perfect in this world, but to allege there's a flood is laughable.  He loves to get his name in the paper to flog his dreadful array of books.  Especially at Christmas time.  If any of you have any, I'd suggest you donate them to charity bins or burn them. 

DSM5 link said:
I'd suggest you donate them to charity bins. 
  Good idea.  They're the folk who pick up the pieces of the kids left starving while their carers donate their welfare cheques to Centrebet.

DSM5 link said:
Fitzsimmons can go blow. he hates League and continually drones on about any negative he can dredge up on the game.  I find it hard to find a 'flood of serious betting' with the league.  It seems to me there's an allegation of a couple of dodgy bets made on a game that didn't come off.  if the plunge was serious it would have happened.  It didn't, and that should tell us something about the game.  Nothing is perfect in this world, but to allege there's a flood is laughable.  He loves to get his name in the paper to flog his dreadful array of books.  Especially at Christmas time.  If any of you have any, I'd suggest you donate them to charity bins or burn them. 
I had the opportunity to pick up one of his books for free some years ago. They were giving them away at the local Dymocks. I think it was the one about Les Darcy. I turned down the offer...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8