1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: ‘Big Artie’ salutes one who got away

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

+2,097 / 13
    <p class="heading">MANLY’S goal to become the NRL’s most feared forward pack faces another challenge at CUA Stadium on Friday night when they do battle with Penrith’s in-form engine room.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4901-big-artie-salutes-one-who-got-away.html">Read the full article</a>
  2. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+4,328 / 125
    The great man, Arthur Beetson, praising one of our own.

Beetson was my first hero as a kid, followed by Terry Randall.

I remember watching them both play reserve grade one day at Brookvale (I think it was) on the comeback from injuries.

Yep the good old days with reserve grade.
  3. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+212 / 5
    Talking about games under his belt, Georgie has a fair bit of something above his belt too. I would like to see him fitter and sleeker. He was approaching Origin form when he was first injured and if fully fit, could be a smokey for that level. He is important to us as he adds impact when he takes the paddock.
  4. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+1,079 / 22
    When in form he provides us with our best go-forward option. Obviously I'm a big fan!

He's certainly carrying a few extra kilos at the moment but that is to be expected from a guy his size when coming back from injury. Give him a few weeks and then - watch out!