Newcastle Knights ownership wrangle to come to a head with club payday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A POTENTIAL flashpoint in the ownership wrangle that continues to dog the Newcastle Knights will arrive this Friday if the NRL fails to reach an agreement with the Knights Members’ Club beforehand.

That’s when the club’s players and staff are due to be paid their monthly wages.

Read More

A POTENTIAL flashpoint in the ownership wrangle that continues to dog the Newcastle Knights will arrive this Friday if the NRL fails to reach an agreement with the Knights Members’ Club beforehand.
img_758_412_1638722761.jpg
That’s when the club’s players and staff are due to be paid their monthly wages.

The question is: Who will fork out the cash? Presumably not Nathan Tinkler’s Hunter Sports Group, who has settled on a deal with the NRL to walk away.

That leaves the NRL or the Members Club, who, as of Friday night, are at loggerheads over how the Knights should be administered into the future.

The Members’ Club wants to retain its identity and be a worthwhile partner in any new entity going forward.

The NRL clearly views them as yesterday’s men and doesn’t want them anywhere near the new franchise but are struggling to come up with a palatable way to cut them loose.

The NRL’s pointed statement on Friday night letting fans know the Members’ Club was the road-block standing in the way of an agreement which would secure the Knights’ future and make them one of the most financially viable clubs in the NRL was the first public sign they have lost patience with the negotiation process.

They want it out there the Members’ Club are the bad boys.

But rather than throw in the towel, the Members’ Club is showing signs they are willing to fight for a slice of the action.

Complicating the issue further is speculation that Wests Group may not be as willing to take on the responsibility as first thought. It has to be brought to a head this week.

Barry Toohey
The Daily Telegraph

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/newcastle-knights-ownership-wrangle-to-come-to-a-head-with-club-payday/story-fni3gf5j-1226946967122

Either jethro's having a seizure which is affecting his typing, or Dan's still got some bugs in the system!

Either way, it seems the nrl and members' club are blaming each other for the delay.

globaleagle said:
Either jethro's having a seizure which is affecting his typing, or Dan's still got some bugs in the system!

Either way, it seems the nrl and members' club are blaming each other for the delay.

Huh? What are you on about?
aug08_022.gif

Damn hillbilly! Yer all is lucky I don't believe in pyramid quotin'

edit: It looked like this (for you others that think I was going crazier than usual)...

<em><strong>Jorge Taufau:</strong></em> A quiet game by his normal Brookie standards, but slippery weather makes it very tough for wingers to shine.

<em><strong>Jamie Lyon:</strong></em> Made up for a rare below par performance in Brisbane with a bullet proof defensive shut down of T Rex and co, and slotted the ball beautifully for 6/6 important goals.

<em><strong>Steve Matai:</strong></em> Tough, strong, ever alert performance as always

*thanks to cf2's report.

globaleagle said:

hard to read through the bottom of a jack bottle

globaleagle said:
Damn hillbilly! Yer all is lucky I don't believe in pyramid quotin'

edit: It looked like this (for you others that think I was going crazier than usual)...

<em><strong>Jorge Taufau:</strong></em> A quiet game by his normal Brookie standards, but slippery weather makes it very tough for wingers to shine.

<em><strong>Jamie Lyon:</strong></em> Made up for a rare below par performance in Brisbane with a bullet proof defensive shut down of T Rex and co, and slotted the ball beautifully for 6/6 important goals.

<em><strong>Steve Matai:</strong></em> Tough, strong, ever alert performance as always

*thanks to cf2's report.

@globaleagle

Hmmm, that's strange. The cf2 report was fine the other day but it certainly wasn't today. I have gone back and edited it so hopefully it is right now for you. Can you check The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Report - Rd 13 for me again and let me know if it reads okay now for you too. :)

Related article:

NRL set to take full control of Newcastle Knights guaranteeing financial future

Barry Toohey
The Daily Telegraph
June 10, 2014 12:00AM

THE uncertainty surrounding the future of the Newcastle Knights will become clearer on Tuesday with the NRL poised to announce it will take over the running of the club following the departure of former owner Nathan Tinkler.

A marathon meeting between the NRL and representatives from the Knights Members’ Club at League Central on Monday paved the way for an agreement to be reached in principle for the game’s governing body to assume full control of the club.

Read More

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4