Newcastle - 1997

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wasn't aware of the type of drug Johns used. I'm not aware that he was ever specific as to what sort. I do know that he spoke of his 13 year use while playing. Maybe it was coke? who knows? Maybe a cocktail of amphs and coke. I do know that use of both types can sparkle the toes and make you go a little harder. Sort of the 'impervious' thing. Anyway I hate Newcastle, nt because of the drug use, but because of the stomping of Toovey. We should have got a penalty for that deliberate stomp by Macdougal and then we would have been downtown and on to the silverware. Besides that, our hooker (ex souths guy, forgot his name) was suspended the week before on a very spurious charge. He would have been defending down that edge.

Agree with that, I was at that game and the "Toovey Stomp" in todays system would have seen an instant dismisal...and rightly so.

Was that Sedaris??

That was indeed a major turning point in the game.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Agree with that, I was at that game and the "Toovey Stomp" in todays system would have seen an instant dismisal...and rightly so.

Was that Sedaris??

That was indeed a major turning point in the game.

If not dismissal,at least on report,and penalty to us,and 1997 GF.Hate drugcastle for that moment.Could (just) live with a fair and square win,but not that,and the aftermath about the drugs.7 tackle tries and forward passes in 1995,and stomping druggos in 1997!

Forgot the other biggie-dirty,filthy,cheating,purple scum in 2007!

Serdaris did a spear tackle on Simon Bonetti against the Roosters the week before. It was a bad one and if we put our Manly bias to one side, he deserved at least one week.

Fonz said:
Daniel said:
There is no way that speed or ecstasy could be considered performance enhancing. Apart from hugging in tackles i guess

Might give you a bit of tunnel vision with blury edges and sparkles whilst kicking goals from the sideline though!

You said that was the reason you wear glasses Duff. I guess those were all lies :p

Daniel said:
There is no way that speed or ecstasy could be considered performance enhancing. Apart from hugging in tackles i guess

Surely you jest?
Google the top 10 performance enhancing drugs. Speed enhances energy levels and alertness, pretty obvious advantages really.

duff, from memory johns fessed up to taking drugs going out after games, not before them, so if we all believe that we're probably both off the mark...

we're all speculating on johns really but the three officially drug-busted cheats they had on the park are not speculation.

Speed & X are performance enhancing drugs now? I know some people who will surely break into the Australian team at the end of the year then.

It's not even like Johns was playing while he was peaking on the stuff either. Even the thought of playing through 80min of first grade rugby league on a hangover is enough to make me nauseous.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4