New Years in amsterdam

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
So after seeing New Years in New York, San Francisco, Sydney and numerous other places, I experienced New Years in amsterdam. Can I just say that everywhere else is totally doing it wrong!

Fireworks are legal at New Years in the Netherlands. The basic idea is people like to show off by buying more and the more expensive ones which is very undutch. So you have basically 5 days of fireworks going off and then from midnight on nye the big boys come out to play.

I spent New Years on a friends rooftop terrace on the west of centrum and there were fireworks going off for over 2 hours. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I had only a 6 pack of beer all night but can say that was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. If you have the chance to experience an amsterdam New Years with a friend who has a rooftop to party on, freezing rain won't stop you seeing the most brilliant display of people having a ball and fireworks like they should be ever again I your life.

It was amazing....

How did you spend your NYE?

I was trying to think of some awesome nye lie to make up....

But I may as well just say, t'was in whistler with my tea-totalling mother in law and better half (who rarely drinks and never in front of said m-i-l)

So I spent the night initially subtly drinking bourbon, then less subtly...and not much else. Didn't even make it to midnight but then the fireworks and drunken aussies woke me up! Happy new year!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6