New walkout rocks Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
MANLY assistant coach Kelly Egan has become the latest staff member to walk out of Brookvale.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Egan will leave after next season to join head coach Des Hasler at Canterbury Bulldogs. Hasler and offsider Egan guided the Manly Sea Eagles to this year's NRL premiership.

"I have really enjoyed my four years at Manly, working with the playing group," Egan said. "I am good mates with (2013 coach) Geoff Toovey and it was a really tough decision. It took me a week to make but, from a professional development point of view, I thought the move was best for me."

Manly is now decimated. Egan became the seventh staff member to either quit or be sacked since the grand final triumph. Hasler, Egan, recruitment guru Noel Cleal, development officer Dave Warwick and social media manager Jess Ivers are all going to Canterbury.

Manly chairman Scott Penn and under-siege COO David Perry were locked in meetings yesterday attempting to somehow stabilise the haemorrhaging club.

Egan's decision will mean Toovey will need to find a new assistant coach. Leagues club and football club chairman Bob Reilly wanted Steve Menzies and Cliff Lyons but Toovey is known to want assistant coaches with more coaching experience.

Cleal will join Canterbury in a few weeks. Manly's hopes of retaining him were damaged when a board member - who has never played NRL - emailed staff about the retention of players.

There were suggestions yesterday Manly would make Warwick a revised offer. Warwick's departure came when Manly was confident of retaining Cleal, who then left.

One remaining staff member yesterday said morale was rock-bottom at the club.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/kelly-egan-walkout-rocks-manly-sea-eagles/story-e6frfgbo-1226188034015

Totally understand that the club is doing it tough at the moment but I think it's only fair that some form of communication is forthcoming to the supporters.

Unbelievable, Does any one still have any repect for Des now. And do you guys still think we were all over-reacting a few weeks ago about this (I cant find the words to describe him).

This is what happens when one man has all the control at a club and then decides to sook off and take his ball with him.

Des Hasler you should be ashamed of yourself. It is one thing to be annoyed with the board but what you are doing is murdering our football club you are making sure you completely destroy the club in the process. God forbid Toovey has a bit of success without you, but no you have made sure that wont happen.

It seems every time an article is written about us retaining people it is the exact opposite.

Des how can you honestly turn up to our club for training next year and not feel an ounce of guilt for what you have done to the fans. You are the lowest of the low. At least when Bennett went to prove himself at another club he waited until he thought the Broncos could handle it and took minimal staff with him and 1 player. You have assaulted our club and will leave it in tatters and then you have the hide to turn up and expect to be paid as a coach for your final year. You have zero credibility left as do your new masters the Bulldogs why didnt they just buy our club and change the Colours, Name and Logo. Des I wish upon you nothing but sadness and bad luck for your tenure at the Dogs. You have set yourself up for a massive fall you peanut.

How do you sleep at night, Never have I seen such a cruel decimation of a club. No doubt half the players will follow and from here on in we are on a hiding to nothing.

I hate to say it but i actually wish we didnt win the GF and Des left a pitiful loser. I know you guys will slate me for saying that but tell me what good has come of that GF win absolutely nothing. Its a disgrace.
And if our ridiculous board dont fall on their sword they are worse than Des and the rest of them. Surely they realise that they have a problem.

And how dare that fool Bob Reilly say he wants Cliffy and Beaver as the new assistant coach, Does he think we are all idiots. He has no idea, I love Cliffy and Beaver but blind freddy can see that 3 novice coaches is a recipe for disaster. This bloke is a grade A fool and he is running our club into the ground. And just to make things harder on Toovey he must now explain to Cliffy why he wants someone with more experience, More undue pressure Toovey doesnt need.

This rubbish beggars belief. If these guys love Zorba so much why are they making his nephews club worthless. Its all lies and stories from the vulchers at the Telegraph. I dont know who to believe anymore.

Des has probably been in the ear of the mascot too.

After all these years I can't believe what a prick he turned out to be. He has sold out his legacy and will never be welcome on the northern beaches again. And to think he is supposed to be coaching us next year...

Not surprised eagan went nothing but a filthy bear scum. Once a bear always a bear.

Lol take the chick who looks after social media lol whose next De$ the ballboy

I would love to hear Tooves' plans. Maybe he alreadx has someone in mind. Cliffy has been coaching for years at a local level that could work.

Des is obviously trying to get fired to take the 3 Players as well. Otherwise there is no reason to trickle these Staff movements that are a year out.

Despicable :(

As long as our players dont walk the Eagles will stick rock.
Toovey is made out of the right stuff and is bound for success.
Toovey ha been around for a long time and i am sure he will have some good connections , people with potential and the passion to get a start with the Mighty Sea Eagles.

Honesty what has to happen for these knuckle heads that want Des stay, want him to leave.

If we think it's bad now. Let's see what happens when some players follow.

I haven't been overly wprried about the Des going (people come and go in any organisation) and have tried to look more at the reasons why he decided to go. But this is now way beyond a coach leaving. Without a doubt one of the greatest coaching team coups to ever happen.

But at this level of staff leaving and all to one club, led by Des's defection, then there is no way I can any longer see how it is even possible for him to be coach next year. No doubt in my mind that Des would have had a huge influence in the other's decisions and I cannot see how the board could put any faith in him for next year.

I've changed my mind as this has unfolded and today I say Des should go.

I wonder if fulton still supports him and the way he is ripping our club apart.Everyday you wake up,its like the nightmare just keeps getting worse. Cant they see what they are doing to the club,sucking every ounce of blood left in it. Poor Tooves,with friends like these,who needs enemies,and Egan reckons he is good mates with Tooves,you dont need friends like that tooves. I still feel numb

The club has sit by and watch all of these people sign with the Dogs over a period of a month. How they would find this situation tolerable is unbelievable.

What an impossible situation we are in.

Bring out the knife Mr Penn.

I also think this is being tolerated as the players will revolt if Des is sacked.

Perhaps sacking Des would be a good litmus test to find out who wants to play for Manly and who doesn't.

honestly,how could they afford Foran and still be under the cap,and you watch Perry will up and leave,he,s done his job,ripped the club apart

I just wonder what the playing group are starting to think about what Des Hasbeen is doing to the Manly Club.
You turned out a real turd Des and I for one will never welcome you at Brookvale again, even if u r the coach next year.....Which we all know aint gunna happen.
Pack your gear and piss off Des and all your cronies, you have shat on all of us.
Time for management to stand up to all the players and put their papers on the table. We need to sort out who the "loyal" players really are.

The club needs to get on the front foot and make changes immediately. If that means letting Des and his staff leave now, so be it. We need to move forward, and sooner the better. Tooves needs to organise who is going be a part of his coaching staff, and his playing squad.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6