New Team for 2016 season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mataiforever

Bencher
Manly Starting Team Next Year:
1 Stewart
2 Gutherson
3 Hiku / Lyon
4 Matai
5 T.Trbojevic
6 Lyon / Hiku / Townsend
7 Myler / Cornish / Townsend
8 Trbojevic
9 Ballin
10 Ofahengaue/S.Lisone/S.Rapira
11 Horo
12 Buhrer
13 Mateo

14 J.Hodges
15 T.Symonds / D.Lui
16 Grevsmuhl +
17 L.Page +

18 D.Lui
19 A.Demetriou
20 Travers
21 Sene-Lefao
22 Sao
23 Taufua

Thoughts? Wouldnt mind going in for guys like lewis brown, sika manu, jake mamo, jarrod mullen, jackson hastings martin taupau, tyson frizell and kade snowden as well (even though most are unlikely)
above is a team with signing i think could actually happen

1. Stewart
2. Tom T
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Taufua/Gutho
6. Townsend/Littlejohn/Norman(maybe)
7. Cornish
8. Jake T
9. Ballin
10. Myles/Sao if we dont get Myles
11. Horo/Leary
12. Mateo
13. Buhrer

14. Hodges
15. Sene Lafao
16. Sao
17. Burgess/Lui

I don't want to come across as personally attacking you, but Luke Page? Unless you r crazy and like to follow the Mounties NSW cup team around, I'm guessing you've seen a YouTube video of two illegal elbows and a couple of standard hit ups against average opposition...hardly grounds for suggesting his recruitment. Credible suggestions involve actually seeing the guy play first.

I like the Grevsmuhl suggestion; he would come cheaper than Sika Manu, is younger, plays the same position, and hits just as hard.

I disagree..

Luke Page would be great in our roster. Yes you can say that he was playing against average opposition and lead with the elbow blah blah blah.
You can't deny this.
1. He was making big meters each hit up
2. Takes 2-3 men to put him to ground
3. Brillant leg speed and late change in direction
4. Always lands on his elbows and knees earning a quick play the ball (doesn't get turned on his back)
5. Hits the line extremely hard

These are all the trates it takes to dominate field position. This is a player we can't ignore.

I don't want to come across as personally attacking you, but Luke Page? Unless you r crazy and like to follow the Mounties NSW cup team around, I'm guessing you've seen a YouTube video of two illegal elbows and a couple of standard hit ups against average opposition...hardly grounds for suggesting his recruitment. Credible suggestions involve actually seeing the guy play first.

I like the Grevsmuhl suggestion; he would come cheaper than Sika Manu, is younger, plays the same position, and hits just as hard.
i watched the mounties vs manly nsw cup game and i just think he has that aggression that all our forwards lack, but yeh i wouldnt say hes a major inclusion hes a realistic one though and given the chance might come good. then again id prefer demetriou given a go or sao/sene lefao on the bench but was just saying hed be a good pickup off the bench and paid in fish n chips. ill remember next time to not suggest someone whose average quality and actually realistic, which will be the quality of most of our signings

i watched the mounties vs manly nsw cup game and i just think he has that aggression that all our forwards lack, but yeh i wouldnt say hes a major inclusion hes a realistic one though and given the chance might come good. then again id prefer demetriou given a go or sao/sene lefao on the bench but was just saying hed be a good pickup off the bench and paid in fish n chips. ill remember next time to not suggest someone whose average quality and actually realistic, which will be the quality of most of our signings
haha nice response!

I disagree..

Luke Page would be great in our roster. Yes you can say that he was playing against average opposition and lead with the elbow blah blah blah.
You can't deny this.
1. He was making big meters each hit up
2. Takes 2-3 men to put him to ground
3. Brillant leg speed and late change in direction
4. Always lands on his elbows and knees earning a quick play the ball (doesn't get turned on his back)
5. Hits the line extremely hard

These are all the trates it takes to dominate field position. This is a player we can't ignore.
I totally agree with you, he hits like a runaway train and has great motivation, drive and intimidation. He just needs a bit of coaching like Matai did with his tackling style.

1. B.Stewart
2. J.Taufua
3. J.Lyon
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku
6. G.Widdop ($600,000)
7. M.Cornish ($300,000)
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. D.Klemmer ($400,000)
11. F.Mateo
12. B.Lawrence
13. N.Myles ($500,000)

Bench:
14. J.Trbojevic
15. L.Burgess
16. T.Symonds
17. J.Buhrer

Coach: Geoff Toovey

Let's be realistic, those figures are the only way we are gonna attract those sorts of players. Widdop and Cornish will flourish under Johns, having 4 potential props on the field at once (Starling, Klemmer, Lawrence, Myles) will provide that go forward we are so desperately lacking, Symonds and Buhrer will provide speed and energy off the bench (plus Buhrer can play hooker, five-eighth, and Symonds can sorta play centre, so that provides depth off the bench) and J.Trbojevic and Burgess coming off the bench provides impact which we sorely miss at the 20th and 60th minutes when the game is on the line.

I'm not 100 % sold on Luke Burgess at this stage. Maybe I was hoping for more because we've had such a tough start to the year or maybe I'm not looking hard enough at what he brings to the team.
I'd think we'd mostly agree that Jake T is here to stay...so if we do buy another prop for next year it's going to be interesting to see who steps up between, Starling, Lawrence, Burgess, and Sao.

Manly Starting Team Next Year:
1 Stewart
2 Gutherson
3 Hiku / Lyon
4 Matai
5 T.Trbojevic
6 Lyon / Hiku / Townsend
7 Myler / Cornish / Townsend
8 Trbojevic
9 Ballin
10 Ofahengaue/S.Lisone/S.Rapira
11 Horo
12 Buhrer
13 Mateo

14 J.Hodges
15 T.Symonds / D.Lui
16 Grevsmuhl +
17 L.Page +

18 D.Lui
19 A.Demetriou
20 Travers
21 Sene-Lefao
22 Sao
23 Taufua

Thoughts? Wouldnt mind going in for guys like lewis brown, sika manu, jake mamo, jarrod mullen, jackson hastings martin taupau, tyson frizell and kade snowden as well (even though most are unlikely)
above is a team with signing i think could actually happen

Lyon or Hiku at 6? No thanks

1. B.Stewart
2. J.Taufua
3. J.Lyon
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku
6. G.Widdop ($600,000)
7. M.Cornish ($300,000)
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. D.Klemmer ($400,000)
11. F.Mateo
12. B.Lawrence
13. N.Myles ($500,000)

Bench:
14. J.Trbojevic
15. L.Burgess
16. T.Symonds
17. J.Buhrer

Coach: Geoff Toovey

Let's be realistic, those figures are the only way we are gonna attract those sorts of players. Widdop and Cornish will flourish under Johns, having 4 potential props on the field at once (Starling, Klemmer, Lawrence, Myles) will provide that go forward we are so desperately lacking, Symonds and Buhrer will provide speed and energy off the bench (plus Buhrer can play hooker, five-eighth, and Symonds can sorta play centre, so that provides depth off the bench) and J.Trbojevic and Burgess coming off the bench provides impact which we sorely miss at the 20th and 60th minutes when the game is on the line.

Thats a good line up!
I wonder if rumours of Widdop wanting out is true? When does he come off contract?

Sounds like Gutherson is in the clubs plans for next year. So that's to be considered.
Also Widdop is contracted until 2017.

I won't comment because I have no idea who we are after or who we will sign or when it will be announced but there will surely be plenty of speculation until then...

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Clinton Gutherson
05. Peta Hiku
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Todd Carney
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
15. Josh Starling
16. Luke Burgess
17. Dunamis Lui

18. Ligi Sao (forward depth)
19. Tom Trbojevic (back depth)
20. Blake Leary (forward depth 2)
21. Brayden Wiliame (back depth 2)
22. Riley Travers (half depth 1)
23. Jesse Sene-Lefao (forward depth 3)
24. Jack Littlejohn (half depth 2)
25. OTHER (new acquisition - could be marquee - Myles?)

Gone: Justin Horo, David Williams, Daly Cherry-Evans, Kieran Foran,
Michael Chee-Kam, Willie Mason, Cheyse Blair, James Hasson

We only need to acquire ONE player above - so not hard for Kelly. If we can land a Myles or other marquee forward, all the better. I also think that roster is a contender - no rebuild necessary.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Clinton Gutherson
05. Peta Hiku
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Todd Carney
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
15. Josh Starling
16. Luke Burgess
17. Dunamis Lui

We only need to acquire ONE player above - so not hard for Kelly. If we can land a Myles or other marquee forward, all the better. I also think that roster is a contender - no rebuild necessary.

That's pretty much the same pack that got steamrolled this season :(

That's pretty much the same pack that got steamrolled this season :(

Except for Jayden Hodges (who has been in twice, and we won one of those), Brenton Lawrence, Josh Starling (who had us equal first last year) and potentially a new marquee signing, as we'd have heaps of cap space.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Clinton Gutherson
05. Peta Hiku
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Todd Carney
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
15. Josh Starling
16. Luke Burgess
17. Dunamis Lui

Pretty realistic & fairly competitive Ryan - maybe add 1-2 forwards (including Myles as mentioned & a Greg Bird type)
Only difference for mine is the addition of young Trjobovic - would definately include him in any Manly team when he is available.
Close to the best team possible with what we know we have, with Carney a realistic & decent addition.

Except for Jayden Hodges (who has been in twice, and we won one of those), Brenton Lawrence, Josh Starling (who had us equal first last year) and potentially a new marquee signing, as we'd have heaps of cap space.
I don't know if we can rely on Lawrence to be a factor in the future. Not sure how he will recover from this back injury, which sucks.

I reckon we need an old head forward and some big young guys. Leeson Ah Mau would be worth a shot...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6