New Sponsor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Could be anything...all goods manufacturers like to say they're eco-friendly these days!

I like the suspense though, it's good fun.

My question is - would we be changing the home jersey design for next year (as it's been 3 years or so)?  And if we are, would it all come out on Thursday?  Probably not, but i was just thinking how usually a new sponsorship is shown on the actual jersey...

eggson link said:
Could be anything...all goods manufacturers like to say they're eco-friendly these days!

I like the suspense though, it's good fun.

My question is - would we be changing the home jersey design for next year (as it's been 3 years or so)?  And if we are, would it all come out on Thursday?  Probably not, but i was just thinking how usually a new sponsorship is shown on the actual jersey...

Bring back the Hoops!

Ryan link said:
I heard a person that has a long term affiliation to the Eagles has organised this, and it's a he. So, I was thinking:-

He: Geoff Toovey
Who: NRMA - who he's on the board of.
I would be happy for any organisation to sponsor us. But the NRMA has shown gross levels of incompetence for so long I would consider it another in their list of corporate howlers. I believe they are starting to turn it around, but if any organsiation needed to cut costs and deliver services after the fiascos of huge losses, Highfield, then Turnbull, and continued Board posturing then they are one of the main ones.

North Sydney Leagues Club?

They need SOMETHING that is an asset to thrwo their money at.

Right now they are just focusing all their cash into liabilities that are destined to go bad !

origin energy??? they have many Eco friendly sources and have recently been taken over so they would have cash to splash.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=178888.msg202789#msg202789 date=1226380619]

I bet the company that sponsored the tigers after their grand final win has regretted it ever since.

Proton cars.  And having first hand experience with one of them, no amount of advertising could possibly redeem them.  They are the most useless piece of junk possible to put on 4 wheels.  The car is currently garaged and has been for 4 months because even their head mechanic clown can't work out how to fix it and Malaysia won;t send them parts.

Honestly, they are complete and utter junk.  I wouldn't even buy one new as a paddock basher. 
[/quote]

We don't get them over here, but a mate that has come back from the Gold Coast swears by them, reckon it is the best car she has ever had.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178888.msg202796#msg202796 date=1226391794]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=178888.msg202789#msg202789 date=1226380619]

I bet the company that sponsored the tigers after their grand final win has regretted it ever since.

Proton cars.  And having first hand experience with one of them, no amount of advertising could possibly redeem them.  They are the most useless piece of junk possible to put on 4 wheels.  The car is currently garaged and has been for 4 months because even their head mechanic clown can't work out how to fix it and Malaysia won;t send them parts.

Honestly, they are complete and utter junk.  I wouldn't even buy one new as a paddock basher. 
[/quote]

We don't get them over here, but a mate that has come back from the Gold Coast swears by them, reckon it is the best car she has ever had.
[/quote]  Must be the only car she's driven.  And I feel guilty about calling it a "car".  A piece of ****** might be more fitting.

I don't understand why you would be surprised that Protons are crap Mata. If it comes from Asia, Eastern Europe or anywhere that isn't Australia, USA, England or Germany, chances are, it's ****e.

C'mon Tooheys, you owe me. And that's a sponsor I'd gladly promote.

McDonalds? They get free adverts every night game at Brooky. And again, they owe me.

Asia?

Toyota, Nissan, Mazda and Honda make some of the most reliable cars in the world.

England and Europe? Have you been in a Land Rover or Alfa lately -- now their is some unreliability.

CliffyIsGod link said:
Asia?

Toyota, Nissan, Mazda and Honda make some of the most reliable cars in the world.

England and Europe? Have you been in a Land Rover or Alfa lately -- now their is some unreliability.

Agree totally Cliffy. Toyota's and Nissan are both exceptional as far as reliability is concerned.

I had a 1992 Soarer a couple of years back,  it had  power seats, automatic headlights, automatic window wipers etc etc.

The Commodore equivalent in 1992 was a VP, which came with air con and power steering.....

DSM5 link said:
Avoid any car built in Europe.  It'll send you broke. 

Unless you rewire all the electrics as soon as you get it.

I would say avoid any SMALL european built car and older ones, generall from what I have found is the wiring can't cope with the Australian climate, nor can the paint work as much, but to a lesser extent

My mrs drives an Audi. Was $72k new, has absolutely no standard features and has turbo lag like you wouldnt believe. We are looking at selling it as you can pick up something like a VW Jetta that looks alomst identical and has heaps for features for half the price.

CliffyIsGod link said:
Asia?

Squares. I'm talking about cool, not reliable, or efficient.

England = Astons, Jags, Jensens etc etc.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2