New Songs for the year ahead.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rusty

Bencher
The season is drawing near, and I can hardly stop myself from singing the classics.

Truth is that we need to add to our song list for the new year. Plenty of players need a personalized song, any ideas?

Mybludog link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=186472.msg316007#msg316007 date=1297806203]
The Lyon sleeps tonight

Hope not......bad choise
[/quote]

Come on I can just see you hitting those high notes hahaha

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297809396[/time]

It could be worse, it could be this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiByYDOkJAg[/youtube]

Mind you it cracks me up every time I see it

I might be able to now that I don't smoke lol. Don't worry Rusty, I'll be writing a few over the next couple of weeks for you guys to try in Melbourne.

How about this one:

He passes to the left, He passes to the right
That boy Brett Stewart
Makes Billy Slater look ****E!

Now we can only hope that Brett plays in Melbourne (but that changes from day to day)

Most of the brainstrust has been scheming since last year. Chants should be much better this year (fingers crossed).

Jono has surely been working away on new chants, unfortunately not on drumming lessons.

My ideas for the new guys -

For James Cunningham it's very easy to rip off The Barmy Army "Oh Jimmy Jimmy, Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Cunningham..."

For Michael Oldfield, I would love to make some reference to Tubular Bells, but that will be tricky.

I've been scheming for a Jamie Buhrer chant as well. Got a few ideas which I think are half decent.

It seems fitting that he should be a cult hero type player seeing as he usually comes off the bench in garbage time & does well by himself by doesn't commit anything spectacular & of course as we all know, cult hero players need their own chants.

Also, pleasantly suprised/pleased with how well the Robbo chant caught on last season. Very nice work lads.

A few have come up for George but nothing has been good enough to stick. Guess we'll just have to keep thinking & sooner or later someone will have a flash of brilliance.

You could make the case that the push it up chant is for him though, given that he is the only player to 'push it up' (Though I have seen Gifty do it once, trying to steal George's thunder no doubt).

Wolfpack link said:
A few have come up for George but nothing has been good enough to stick. Guess we'll just have to keep thinking & sooner or later someone will have a flash of brilliance.

You could make the case that the push it up chant is for him though, given that he is the only player to 'push it up' (Though I have seen Gifty do it once, trying to steal George's thunder no doubt).

Ahh the GIFT that keeps on giving

old beatles song Georgie girl could be reworked

Hey there Georgie boy
takin on the defence  so easily

that's all atm lol

Limited (if ever) opportunities to use this one, but ...

Georgie Porgy Puddin' and Pie,
Kicked a Goal and Scored a Try.

I am kind o over the Formula:

Step 1: Find English Soccer Song
Step 2: Replace Words
Step 3: Chant

Originals need to be made

Jonesyv2 link said:
I am kind o over the Formula:

Step 1: Find English Soccer Song
Step 2: Replace Words
Step 3: Chant

Originals need to be made

This is because some of the best chants come from the English Soccer. In saying that we can work on our own. However, there are a lot of people that aren't interested in chanting originals.

In saying this, the Michael Robertson (sort of) chant and the Tony Williams chant are both Originals. I even wrote one to Let It be but you don't sing that at the footy, its more the pub victory song.

We are more than happy to hear any you may have that aren't from English Football but the problem is a lot of the best tunes are already being used as chants somewhere so it will always be looked at as "stealing".

The Robbo chant is just the Steve Corica chant re-worded. As Jono says the Tony Williams is an original from us.

Coming up with original chants is harder than it seems.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2