New Silvertails theme -> your call

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All,

I can decide on a new theme. I purchased a theme and I dont like how it looked so I have narrowed it down to two.

https://www.audentio.com/shop/XenForo-themes

If you look on here I am considering either UI.X or Intrinsic

Of course I will be re-styling those to use our clubs might colours. I was about to buy UI.X when I saw intrinsic and thought that the white space is great which really helps focus on content and also that the maroon instead of blue will look awesome.

Just wondering your thoughts on this?

Dan

Hello,

I'm usually 50/50 when it comes to designs as I'm happy to adapt to whatever (didn't mind vista or windows 8!!!)

But I agree with you and think Intrinsic just gets the ribbon.

For others who click the link...when clicking on either ui.x or intrinsic....click the live demo button to see how the pages may look. (but you already knew that.)

Plus Dan is looking for a nrl football. Someone please offer to send him one!!

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Rugby-League-Balls?pid=624027#pid624027

:angel:

I'm also looking for a new android TV box and can't decide between minix neo X8, probox2 EX the rikomagic mk902-II

Any opinions?

Definitely Intrinsic!

As for the TV Box, did you want it as a streaming device? If so, the best is the http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=1270

I tried plenty and only this one played all file types, 1080P and network wireless or Ethernet.

anthonyb1965 said:
Definitely Intrinsic!

As for the TV Box, did you want it as a streaming device? If so, the best is the http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=1270

I tried plenty and only this one played all file types, 1080P and network wireless or Ethernet.

Yeah intrinsic will be great I think for content too.

As for the media player, I need a bit more particularly for the livestream.com app and showbox so that I can watch movies eyc. I'll likely put sickbeard and couch potato on there too.

Dan

That tactical one's good. We like to fly under the radar, we're always at war with everyone else. And those gun scopes on each thread subject would be great for the weekly "which journo should be shot" . Get some audio and interactive hand guns and....ok I'll stop now...:p

ha yah and being swamped by dark colours should help with the doom and gloom too

Dan said:
ha yah and being swamped by dark colours should help with the doom and gloom too

Also has this feature which you might like Dan..:)

arYHQEFfFIiUXZHqettWEkkpoG6_T5jBRlffYtOCmQ=s311-p-no

I'm a gumby when it comes to this stuff so I am happy to go with the flow and with what you experts think.

Dan said:
I'm also looking for a new android TV box and can't decide between minix neo X8, probox2 EX the rikomagic mk902-II

Any opinions?

The intrinsic would work nicely.
You've made the wrong call on the android TV box. I think you should get either the apex VII, vortex K22-Y, robo-globo XXX or the tickle me elmo.:)

niccipops said:
Dan said:

Any opinions?

The intrinsic would work nicely.
You've made the wrong call on the android TV box. I think you should get either the apex VII, vortex K22-Y, robo-globo XXX or the tickle me elmo.:)

Your post is rude!!!!

Your 4 options explained thus: "Apex 7" = 7 inch willy
vortex k22-y = v for va jay jay and KY (jelly)
robo-globo XXX = xxx (say no more)
tickle me elmo = tickle fetish

What is going on 'down under' in aust in npops suburb!!!!

9.gif

Don't like either. Much prefer the darker themes. Maybe it's my ageing eyesight but I find them easier to read. Too much white space requires the use of sunnies for me.:cool:

Im a bigger fan of the intrinsic theme. I like its Flat design and it behaved better as a responsive site.

It was also less cluttered, had a more intuitive UX and felt more 2014 from a web design perspective.

So what were you thinking for the design dan. keeping it white and replacing the blue template components with the Sea eagles marroon.

Here is a couple of recommendations (Please feel free to ignore them) if intrisic was to be used.

- Shrink the Header (probably to the scrolling state) and the banner a little. It takes up too much real estate adds uneccesary scrolling on the home page.

- Introduce a couple of colours to break up the maroon, preferably sea eagle colours. The sea eagles maroon, whilst a nice colour, is very dominant. Thinking something like the Training Grey (#30333C or #4e545e), Sea eagles grey (#ccc7c8), The old navy (#012f50) and kaspersky green (#006d55) if your allowed.

*please note some of the grey colours are taken from photos of the clothing to get a rough idea, so not actual colour codes.

-

Frank said:
Don't like either. Much prefer the darker themes. Maybe it's my ageing eyesight but I find them easier to read. Too much white space requires the use of sunnies for me.:cool:
My 18 yr old nephew tried that excuse on his mother too. May have had something to do with him being as high as a kite!:s Lol...not inferring you were Frank just saying.

Frank said:

The only issue with dark themes is that they don't really fit with our colours. White text on maroon looks horrible and is really hard on the eyes

Last chance to have a say guys.

Feel free to suggest another xenforo theme as well.

Preferably not dark as they are hard to adapt to our clubs colours

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6