New Signing - Nick Skinner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

deadlyeagle

Reserve Grader
Ok shot me down if it has already been mentioned but on Nrl.com

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/2012PlayerTransfers/tabid/10248/Default.aspx

is the direct link, you will notice ben farrer and nick skinner.

Who is this guy?

The eels also got hopoates brother Jamil, and I am assuming Matt Cross wont be with us next yeat

Apparently he was signed with Canberra and played with souths-logan in the Q cup this year.

My question is this. Why was he allowed to play up there but our blokes couldn't play for the sunny coast?

Stevo said:
Apparently he was signed with Canberra and played with souths-logan in the Q cup this year.

My question is this. Why was he allowed to play up there but our blokes couldn't play for the sunny coast?

They weren't allowed to play nsw juniors... They lost out

Canberra players were registered in QLD which meant they could not play in both comps (or something along those lines) ....so when they were short on players their players were not able to play

The idea to link Manly to Sunshine coast was a great move & if allowed to pursue , would have got top long term results. Put it this way - our feeder club won the Qld Cup I think in 2009 & our 2011 feeder club finished last in NSW Cup , which I consider a weaker comp.
Back to Skinner - has as much traffic ahead at Manly as the other club had so will have to perform to get a look in.

deadlyeagle said:
The eels also got hopoates brother Jamil, and I am assuming Matt Cross wont be with us next yeat

Cross retired mid-season due to some personal demons. Hope he's doing well and it was great to see him involved in the GF celebrations!

Matt Cross retired at the end of the season after playing in the NSW Cup side. I saw him playing at Brooky Oval against Balmain Ryde!

A lot of the Canberra players decided they wanted to stay playing for Souths Logan. But as mentioned they then could not play for the NRL side.
Stupid NSWRL.
Hope the IC brings in a 2nd teir National comp where the top sides in Qld and NSW play each other a little bit.

The main reason we did well in QLd Cup a couple of seasons ago and bad in NSW Cup this season is all the young guys form that team are mostly playing NRL. DCE, TRex, Vic, Lassick, buher etc.

mickyj said:
The main reason we did well in QLd Cup a couple of seasons ago and bad in NSW Cup this season is all the young guys form that team are mostly playing NRL. DCE, TRex, Vic, Lassick, buher etc.

There's more to it than that, but our NYC & Reserve Grade teams have suffered from the drain to the NRL team.

Manly's NSW cup team is suprisingly strong on paper, keen on seeing how they go in 2012 with a proper preparation & having time to gel.

Wolfpack said:
mickyj said:

There's more to it than that, but our NYC & Reserve Grade teams have suffered from the drain to the NRL team.

Manly's NSW cup team is suprisingly strong on paper, keen on seeing how they go in 2012 with a proper preparation & having time to gel.
Definately more to it than that Wolf including Hodgkinson not DCE in that 2009 team & the players , Buhrer , Lussick & Mauro all played TC for Manly anyway....then went to Qld Cup - there was 20 more players from that squad from the local Coast team.
My main point, would have been a great nursery for the Seaeagles with some quality footballers from that area & with certain teams having massive demographics could see some advantage to Manly having this feeder area.

It would be good to keep at the sunny coast. Hope the IC sorts it out.
But the NSWRL are throwing their weight around.
If the IC is any good they will take control of the lower elvel comps also and kill off the NSWRL other then state team and admin for some local comps.

We desperately need 2 things same as every other club. A massive increase in money to clubs from the NRL due to a new TV rights deal and a National reserve grade competition. The Toyota cup U 20 is not the answer for a second tier competition it is freezing out too many players over the age of 20 who deserve to be given more time to prove themselves at the elite level especially big prop forwards.

Ironically that may be working to our advantage. There have been several good forwards we have probably picked up for a song in recent years because they had such limited options not being eligible to under 20s.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ironically that may be working to our advantage. There have been several good forwards we have probably picked up for a song in recent years because they had such limited options not being eligible to under 20s.

The bloke from Ippie next season case in point.

:D
eagles2win said:
Hearing that we might have signed Liam Roach (Blocker's son) for some more forward depth

Question...who is" the bloke from Ipple" ? And more importantly, perhaps from a Canberra fan , how good is Nick Skinner?

Ippie. Ipswich. His name is Lorenzo Ma'fu from memory?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenzo_Ma'afu

Close

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4