New server one day on?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I am going to keep checking in, but what are everyones thoughts with the new server is it faster, slower, buggies, uglier or whatever. I can say that despite having over 105 people on yesterday loads barely got above 0.20 whereas we were around 5+ consistently on the old server.

That is a huge difference as we really want server loads below 1

Excellent. These servers are located in Singapore so shouldn't be a terrible difference anyway

I've been away and accessed the site a few times from overseas (slow at times) but now I'm home, I think the site runs pretty fast, Dan.

Just a couple of things that I've noticed Dan.

When a thread is a news thread and I click on "Read the full article", the news article page opens up but it says that I'm not logged in to the site and also the font for the teams on the NRL Ladder is larger and causes a couple of the team names (Canterbury-Bankstown & St George Illawarra) to overlap onto the next line and over the top of the team name below them.

If I then click on "Join the Discussion" I find myself logged into the website again when the forum page opens again.

If I don't click "Join the Discussion" on the news article page but log in again instead, the team font reduces back to normal and no overlapping occurs when I re-open up the news article.

I am using Firefox V3.6.15

Jethro link said:
Just a couple of things that I've noticed Dan.

When a thread is a news thread and I click on \"Read the full article\", the news article page opens up but it says that I'm not logged in to the site and also the font for the teams on the NRL Ladder is larger and causes a couple of the team names (Canterbury-Bankstown & St George Illawarra) to overlap onto the next line and over the top of the team name below them.

If I then click on \"Join the Discussion\" I find myself logged into the website again when the forum page opens again.

If I don't click \"Join the Discussion\" on the news article page but log in again instead, the team font reduces back to normal and no overlapping occurs when I re-open up the news article.

I am using Firefox V3.6.15

Cheers mate. Might be a bit of confusion about the cookies. Not sure what is going on with the font though. I will figure it out soon

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
How is the server coping with all the news in the lasy couple of days

actually surprisingly well.

We have had 100 people on at one time today and there wasn't even a noticable lag, nor one in stats. I ran a fairly intense query earlier and all that happened was the server load spiked up to .50 which is absolutely nothing to worry about :)

So looking good. Next job is to shut the old server down

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4