New Rules For State of Origin Eligibility

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
manlyfan76 said:
Who gives a F about ingliss really. He chose the better side ( current talent wise) because he wanted to win. I'm happy that we are getting close to having definite rules about origin so if origin survives (remember the sooks said if they don't win it's dead) it will be origin. I'm born in Manly Nsw and will always support them even though I now live in Qld.

manlyfan76...HE'S IN QUEENSLAAAAAAND!!!!

As I understand it Jamie Lyon became ambivalent towards rep footy thanks to some harsh public treatment from the Parra brigade of Sterling & co when he came back from the UK.

globaleagle said:
manlyfan76 said:
Who gives a F about ingliss really. He chose the better side ( current talent wise) because he wanted to win. I'm happy that we are getting close to having definite rules about origin so if origin survives (remember the sooks said if they don't win it's dead) it will be origin. I'm born in Manly Nsw and will always support them even though I now live in Qld.

But I work in NSW so who would I play?

So if you play under six in Qld and then move to NSW and play under tens in NSW, who do you play for as an adult?

A funny piece (on this topic) in today's SMH:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/tightening-origin-eligibility-leaves-youngsters-feeling-marooned-20121219-2bnbp.html

So if Matty Ballin stays in Sydney after his playing days, and has a Son that plays all his footy in and around Sydney while growing up...his Son can then play for Queensland because his Dad (Matt) played for Queensland? That should clear things up.

manlyfan76 said:
globaleagle said:
manlyfan76 said:

Tweed Heads? That's in Qld. You may have to play with yourself!

if i want to make my son eligible for the maroons, does the new rule mean he only has to live in Qld before the age of 13?

so can i move him up to my aunts place over the holidays and then he's eligible?
we had originally always planned to move up that way when he's around 14/15yo, but under the new rules, thats not possible anymore?

globaleagle said:
manlyfan76 said:
globaleagle said:
manlyfan76 said:

Tweed Heads? That's in Qld. You may have to play with yourself!

Ball skills.

Brookie said:
if i want to make my son eligible for the maroons, does the new rule mean he only has to live in Qld before the age of 13?

so can i move him up to my aunts place over the holidays and then he's eligible?
we had originally always planned to move up that way when he's around 14/15yo, but under the new rules, thats not possible anymore?

They'll probably use schooling records and/or code registration to indicate whether a kid actually lived in their respective state. Sending them up for a few weeks to 'live', won't achieve a positive outcome for you.

I just cant see the ARLC enforcing their new qualification rules.
I can see them making the new qualification rules as indefinite as they are for a reason: and that reason is to always give themselves an 'out' to allow a 'tit for tat' negotiation situation with the Bananabenders.

If so n so can play for you, then xyz can play for us. The whole announcement is a lot of crap.

They have to write up their new 'regulations' in triplicate and post them on their website in clear, non-ambiguous terms. Otherwise, i just think this is just 'publicity' and an attempt to gain fake credibility.

Hamster Huey said:
Brookie said:

They'll probably use schooling records and/or code registration to indicate whether a kid actually lived in their respective state. Sending them up for a few weeks to 'live', won't achieve a positive outcome for you.

so under the new rules, do you think 1 full year of schooling in Qld before he turns 13yo is enough? or if he was school most of his pre-teen years in the ACT would make him a blue?

i done the same thing as a kid, as a 16yo i went up to Cairns to my pop's club (kangaroo's) and signed on in a 1st grade game on the bench - they put me on with 5 mins to go! i always assumed this would make me a Qld-er as i was playing rugby at a private school before that!
pity i never made it tho....lol!

Brookie said:
Hamster Huey said:
Brookie said:

so under the new rules, do you think 1 full year of schooling in Qld before he turns 13yo is enough? or if he was school most of his pre-teen years in the ACT would make him a blue?

i done the same thing as a kid, as a 16yo i went up to Cairns to my pop's club (kangaroo's) and signed on in a 1st grade game on the bench - they put me on with 5 mins to go! i always assumed this would make me a Qld-er as i was playing rugby at a private school before that!
pity i never made it tho....lol!

If the rule is as simple as promoted, then that should be fine. Unless there is more detail such as minimum time in state, then these sorts of questions will most likely be answered in retrospect when we wonder how Player X actually qualified against evidence otherwise.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4