New ruck rules - Bennett article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes, very interesting that the man responsible for bringing in a rule change has benefited so much from it. In my industry it's called insider trading - he knew what was going to happen before most other teams and set strategies in place to benefit.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...d-down-as-game-speeds-up-20150424-1mska0.html
Very interesting and, in addition to our dreadful injury count, I think our complete failure to adapt has a lot to do with our dire circumstances.

The onus has to be on the Players though - how they persist in laying on the players/ in the ruck is just beyond me @:rolleyes:

Matty is still putting his hand on the ball and thats been penalised for years :swear:

But watch the Scumo tactics of blocking the dummy half tonight.
Their players quickly roll off the tackle, but then 1 of them stands up pretending to adjust his socks next to our player who is about to play the ball - stops our dummy half passer from going/throwing that side. Their marker knows we can only go one way and picks off our runner.
Proctor is a master at adjusting his clothing like this a number of times in a game - the Refs never penalise him for being in the ruck as technically he is adjacent :mad:

Bennett been on this for years. Quicker rucks with the 10 metre rule just lead to a greater emphasis on one dimensional play up the middle to take advantage of back peddling defence. It doesn't lead to better or more creative attack. I'm happy for there to be a slow ruck speed as attacks will be forced to go wide and try to break the defensive line.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6