New Relevant and Permanent Banner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

R3

Bird gang affiliate
After witnessing all the support for stewart and all Manly players and situations alike I was thinking instead of 'silvertails' or no one likes us we don't care' (coz i do care! haha) as banners, I was hoping we could re approach the game under 'MAN 'U' ??
I think its got different levels of meaning and reflection such as 'Manly United' relating closely to how well supported and tight knit the players and fans are in the us against them world. Also it would follow a resemblance to a very successful and traditional Club in its own respective code etc.. [/b]

'Man-U' and 'Manly United', not simply Manu.. afterall 'no one player or obscure reference is bigger than a new moniker' haha

I understand what you are saying but I have to disagree. As much as I am a Man Utd supporter, I am one of the only ones in my group on the Hill, and there are about 100 of us in the group. Add on the MWTS, most of whom have their own teams and you get a pretty big away supporters group that don't want to stand anywhere near a sign that says "MAN U".

We might all be Manly fans but us Man United fans are heavily in the minority in the MWTS, even though we have won 19 Championships, are awesome and will smash Barca in 2 weeks :)

I have no words for this thread. Nothing that Dan wouldn't have to delete as soon as he saw it anyway.

Sorry Ray, I'm generally a fan of your work mate but this is an awful call. As Jono said, good luck getting the guys on the hill or even the MWTS to hold up something even vaguely linked to Man Spew.

Though come to think of it I'm sure I saw Vidmar & Tractor both sporting Man Spew jerseys the last time I saw them...

Wolfpack said:
I have no words for this thread. Nothing that Dan wouldn't have to delete as soon as he saw it anyway.

Sorry Ray, I'm generally a fan of your work mate but this is an awful call. As Jono said, good luck getting the guys on the hill or even the MWTS to hold up something even vaguely linked to Man Spew.

Though come to think of it I'm sure I saw Vidmar & Tractor both sporting Man Spew jerseys the last time I saw them...

What can I say? Vidmar decided that his team were no longer going to be the best and jumped onto the bandwagon, and Tractor, well he realised that he needed to support a team that can actually beat Norwich.

To be honest, this has been a god awful year for sports so far.

• Man Spew win the EPL.
  • Man City win the FA Cup (Nothing against them, but it was fun to make fun of their Sharkies-esque drought)
  • Huns win the SPL (DIAF Huns)
  • Brisbane win the A-League (Plus the Brosque departure still hurts)
  • Lavicka is still in control of SFC & we no longer have Edwin Lugt to kick ass & take names.
  • Dortmund win the Bundesliga (& 1860 continue to languish in the 2.Bundesliga :( )
  • AC Milan win the Serie A
  • ECL is between the Spew & Barca
  • NFL is in a lockout (Let us trade Kolb already farken!)

Good thing I have MWSE to remind me why I even bothered following pro sports in the first place.

Also, to reiterate, the "Man U" banner is an awful idea & should never make it out of this thread. Not to mention that we would be treading on the real Manly United's toes big time.

EDIT: Oh & Benny when you read this, go & have a look at the CCC ladder. Very nice to see that Boro's late surge has us finishing one spot above the Tractor Boys on the back of our lovely goal aggregate. Thank you very much Mr.Mowbray!

Wolfpack said:
EDIT: Oh & Benny when you read this, go & have a look at the CCC ladder. Very nice to see that Boro's late surge has us finishing one spot above the Tractor Boys on the back of our lovely goal aggregate. Thank you very much Mr.Mowbray!

To be honest Wolfy I think he'll be too upset knowing that Norwich are returning to the Premier League and they aren't, to worry about the Boro beating them by GD

Jono said:
Wolfpack said:

To be honest Wolfy I think he'll be too upset knowing that Norwich are returning to the Premier League and they aren't, to worry about the Boro beating them by GD

You'll take whatever victories you can get when you are Boro.

All else we've got to look forward to is Bolton scabbing more of our players.

Jono said:
Wolfpack said:

What can I say? Vidmar decided that his team were no longer going to be the best and jumped onto the bandwagon, and Tractor, well he realised that he needed to support a team that can actually beat Norwich.

I am not a ManU fan by any extent, but when you guys beat Norwich I will be very very very happy.

Stfu about soccer you nuff nuffs. This is a league forum no need to talk bout **** sports here.

No worries and Cheers for the feedback! It wasn't a long thought over idea, just a late night suggestion. And also to justify, I haven't a clue about Soccer/'Football' so I definitely didn't realize it would strike such a nerve wish soccer fans, I'm just a Rugby League nut :)

ManlyBacker said:
Wolfpack said:

NFW!!!!!! Am I in Wonderland and Alice is the coach?

Don't worry MB - I've seen this and they'll keep....;)

Man U banner? - Sorry, It's a No from me X

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8