New Ray Chesterton book

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Spotted a book today called 'Manly Sea Eagles: the Team you love to Hate' by Ray Chesterton. It's a pretty good narrative history of the club from its beginnings and goes right up to the end of last season. Later chapters include Stewart's disgraceful treatment at the hands of Gallop and the NRL, Hasler's defection and of course the sacking of Tooves.

I certainly intend buying a copy.

Thanks for the tip, I'll need to pick this one up.

There's a follow-up to The Sea Eagle Has Landed (different authors) which covers 1991 right up to the beginning of this season on the way too, it's supposed to be released sometime this year.

Here's the Parra version

875241.jpg

I finished the book today. I enjoyed it and learned quite a bit especially about the 60s which was a gap in my knowledge.

I'd recommend buying it.

There are some frustrating typos, over 20 in all, and it could do with a professional edit. But great to read.

Spotted a book today called 'Manly Sea Eagles: the Team you love to Hate' by Ray Chesterton. It's a pretty good narrative history of the club from its beginnings and goes right up to the end of last season. Later chapters include Stewart's disgraceful treatment at the hands of Gallop and the NRL, Hasler's defection and of course the sacking of Tooves.

I certainly intend buying a copy.
Good tip Terry, I'll put it down as a birthday present request!

Being the 70th anniversary I would have loved the club to have released a dvd on the history of the club as a souvenir cause we have such an amazing history and pedigree as a club.
They'd probably sell at least 5000 if they did. I'd get one.
By the way, not enough footage of Fulton is available. I know he is on the nose with some NSW fans as a selector (and maybe others too!) but seriously he was the most amazing player and there surely is plenty of footage somewhere to better record his feats. I'd buy it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6