New Plan To Bring Success

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Turbo

Bencher
Manly are having no success at the moment for a number of reasons:

-Players like green, vave, Koroisau are playing
-Braydens 13 losses
-Poor defence and line speed
-Faith in each other's defence is not there
-Aggression
-Dropped ball
-Penalties
Ect.

I could go on with bad stuff but here are the good things

-Taupau, Trbojevic bros, Lawrence, Parcell all playing great footy
-Trbojevic bros combo looks good
-Tafuas attack is good
-Positive things from round 2 compared to Round 1

Things that need to change
-Lyon to 5/8
-Koroisau gone
-Green gone
-Williame gone
-Myles to the bench

A good start for Barret would be changing the side (Full strength)

1.Stewart(vc)
2.Tafua
3.Walker(He's a centre and needs room to move)
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Lyon(c)(gk)(Bigger impact at 5/8 with cool head and walker better at centre hopefully take pressure off of DCE)
7.Cherry-Evans(vc)
8.Starling
9.Parcell(Simply playing better footy then Koroisau and brings better service and attack)
10.Lawrence(Start with his aggression to get us on the front foot)
11.Buhrer
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic

14.Brown(Made some good runs out of dummy half and will have bigger impact off the bench)
15.Knight(Brings great ball playing and runs hard like Lawrence)
16.Myles(Obviously had better days, but he is a good player on his day and should throw his wait around more)
17.Mateo(Come on and bring some good impact)

If we can get that side on the park this would be my game plan.

-Run hard like Lawrence, Trbojevic and Taupau
-Leave DCE on his edge he likes a bit of structure
-Utilise dalys kicking better he s got one of the best kicking games in the comp
-Walker to centre Lyon to 5/8 where Lyon won't get beaten by pace and Lyon would complement cherry well
-Bring more impact off the bench with knight Mateo coming on and just playing footy
-No more pretty set plays that lose metres just play footy
-Stop trying with no names like Williame and green
-Give Parcell the licence to just run when he wants to
-Involve explosive players like Trbojevic, Lyon, Parcell more often

With that simple plan I reckon the boys would go well and if we go after players this year which we will with Lyon retiring probaly. We don't need to buy in bulk like this year going after and buying 5+ starting players. We are still short one big prop for that position I would buy Tamou. He is always playing well for NQL and they can't afford him and I doubt raiders are chasing him. We are also going to need a 5/8 and for me we should buy one of these 2 Keary and Williams. Williams brings great stability and patience to a side and has a great calm head and kicking game is flawless and his passing selection is good. Keary is also a good player who always brings aggression and energy. Would be a great foil for chez. And possibly need to start thinking of a winger and a centre to replace snake and Matai.

Taufua is a turnstyle and his zero tackle count, is an indictment on his commitment to a Team effort :swear:

Poor Matai could do with some help with his damaged shoulders :angel:

Good work @Turbo

Trouble is the football department have their ducking heads up their ducking arses and seem clueless.

There won't be any changes like these next week, in fact I'm expecting the same side to run out again , it's called the " stick and pick" method.

The MO with stick and pick is that at some stage one of the other sides will get complacent , and eventually you'll get a win.

PS: this is a bit tongue in cheek ,but paragraph one is 100% correct!

The calls to sack Barrett after 2 rounds is ridiculous. Not least of all because there is no way Penn and co will do so.

Give the team time, it is a work in progress.

I'd like to see the jake t to Tommy t combo reversed. Either that or hake needs to taken it closer to the line before offloading.

You can see it coming a mile off and it had Tommy t basically hitting the ball up into two forwards who just wedge him.

Would be better to see Tommy run at the line with Jake barreling next to him from the deep so he can offload to jake who can use his size to punch a whole, it then needs walker or parcell running a second line from behind and across both of them looking for a joke t offload and cutting through the hole that was created by all the players wedging in on Jake and Tommy.

3 players involved may be a bit 2 dimensional for Barrett though

There's no real fear of that happening, what a crazy unrealistic hypothetical that is. @;)
seems-impossible.jpg

Any positive talk about how this side is going to go this year is just polishing a turd at the moment.

We do have the makings of a good team but with what I've seen so far and with entirely new coaching staff, just scraping into the top 8 would be a great achievement for this side. I don't think we will make the 8 this year but should aim to do so anyway. 2017 could be a great year for us depending on how this season unfolds.

I'd like to see the jake t to Tommy t combo reversed. Either that or hake needs to taken it closer to the line before offloading.

You can see it coming a mile off and it had Tommy t basically hitting the ball up into two forwards who just wedge him.

Would be better to see Tommy run at the line with Jake barreling next to him from the deep so he can offload to jake who can use his size to punch a whole, it then needs walker or parcell running a second line from behind and across both of them looking for a joke t offload and cutting through the hole that was created by all the players wedging in on Jake and Tommy.

3 players involved may be a bit 2 dimensional for Barrett though
Wow !!that's some set move you got there mate. What do you call it?

Wow !!that's some set move you got there mate. What do you call it?
I call it anything is better than nothing because at the moment we have nothing.

I'll admit it's probably a bit long to call from the ruck so maybe just call it anything haha

Taufua is a turnstyle and his zero tackle count, is an indictment on his commitment to a Team effort :swear:

Poor Matai could do with some help with his damaged shoulders :angel:
Not sure what's up with Jorge atm, but he was damn good at the end of last year..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8