New & Old Stars - 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
What players do you predict to shine in 2015 in both the established Seaeagles players & the new signings plus young guns....

Established - DCE will standout behind a physically stronger pack who will provide more 2nd phase.
Also think Buhrer will step up without Gift & Choc & play his best season

New - Mateo will thrive at Manly - have always wanted him as a Seaeagle...can bend the line & has similar skills to SBW offering the halves a great platform.
Mason will add fire & experience & that imo, will be his best asset as his best was 5 plus years ago.

Young guns - Jake T will emerge as a leader by seasons end, starting a long distinguished career at Manly that will see him achieve the highest honours.

I think this year will see JSL explode as our forward leader. I really hope Mason gets in his ear and really gets him to be our firebrand forward.

And in the backs I think we will see the emergence of Gutherson as a true superstar. I believe he will get the wing spot (ahead of Wolf/Blair and Jorge) and then step into fullback now and then. With his X-Factor I really see big things for him.

I feel that Jamil Hoppa will play a few games and lots of ppl will get reluctantly excited. The reluctance is that he is a niggler and pushes the boundary. The same style as 2 of our players a couple of years ago. 1 gone and 1 playing in the centres. Maybe of that level of player in the future as well.

Having watched Peta Hiku in the Four Nations I think he'll play a more dominant role for us this season. He looks like he has put on a lot of muscle, and now looks stronger and bigger. I can see him alternating regularly with Snake between winger and fullback - taking more of the kick returns to reduce the amount of wear-and-tear on Brett, who can rest more on the wing. Naturally there will always be injuries, so Peta will be the valuable 'Mr Fixit' for our centres, wingers and fullback.
I also feel that BJ will return to his free-running ways of 2013 when he was a revelation. Given the recruitment of big props he'll not have to do as much of the grunt work as 2014, and may even be used from the bench.

Josh Starling will go from fringe first grader to solid NRL prop.

His last 6 weeks or so were as good as you could ask for.

Hodges to shine off the bench with a new style of forward pack. With Mateo's offloads and Hodges speed to capitalise we will be one of the best in 2nd phase play

Our old pack worked hard but lacked aggression and intimidation so im looking forward of getting the best out of Vave, Mason Tetevano and Mateo

I think JSL and Gutherson are the two most likely to take their games to another level. JSL puts himself in the game and you can see the desire burning in him. Gutherson is too good to keep in reggies (not sure how we fit him in) but over the course of the season he will make his presence felt!

Of the established brigade, I think Snake and Foz are in for big seasons!

Mateo inside to Snake........OMG, that in itself is try time! Very excited for 2015 with our talent and renewed firepower!

The Who said:
Having watched Peta Hiku in the Four Nations I think he'll play a more dominant role for us this season. He looks like he has put on a lot of muscle, and now looks stronger and bigger. I can see him alternating regularly with Snake between winger and fullback - taking more of the kick returns to reduce the amount of wear-and-tear on Brett, who can rest more on the wing. Naturally there will always be injuries, so Peta will be the valuable 'Mr Fixit' for our centres, wingers and fullback.
I also feel that BJ will return to his free-running ways of 2013 when he was a revelation. Given the recruitment of big props he'll not have to do as much of the grunt work as 2014, and may even be used from the bench.

I hope you're right about BJ.

I expect Cherry to have a big year also. Form was down a bit in 2014 (not helped by a forward pack that didn't do to much go forward), but I think he was better in the Four Nations than most critics gave him credit for. After all, he was playing out of his normal position/role and had to adjust to playing on the left in defence rather than the right. And personally I think he played better for the Kangaroos than Cronk did. I wonder if he didn't play for Manly would he have copped the same criticism?

I also expect Peta Hiku to have another good year. Sure he's not a winger, but he's made one of the spots his own and will only get better. I like the idea of him and Snake swapping sometimes during games, kinda like the Rorters did this year with Mini and RTS. That could work, let Peta take most of the kick returns then have Snake playing his normal role.

Another I'm hoping continues to improve is Tooves. Des' old boys are starting to disappear and the new breed need to be stamped as his own. Took a big step in coaching when he dropped Jorge during the finals and I hope he continues like that.

Seeing as their contracts are up for renewal I expect that Foz and Chez will have blinders this year and cost us an arm and one and half legs to re-sign.

I'm expecting Snake to have a settled year and combine with Jamie in leadership roles. With old boys Gift, Kingy and Choc no longer in the team the player dominance that tight group has held for years is gone and a new era is here. This frees up new roles to be taken on and a huge opportunity for the playing group to unite.

JSL is great for Manly. So happy to be part of the team and I'm thinking he'll go from strength to strength.

Young Jayden Hodges is a little firecracker with a big future, hopefully at Manly.

Hiku is a rough diamond, not yet polished but will definitely find his way to shine.

Willie will be big.:p

Mateo is an exciting addition to the pack. I don't really know much about the other new boys but I'm sure Tooves and Donny will work their magic.

Stevie Matai will continue to mash the opposition into the ground and he'll still have the cutest smile ever seen on a footy field.

It will be a big year for the Little General as coach.

2015 has huge potential for us. Can't wait.

Shortly after announcing a 4 year deal with the Warriors, Keiran Foran suffers a season ending knee injury but is replaced at 5/8 by B Stewart, who goes on to be the clubs greatest ever pivot.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6