• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not as the #1 guy like last season's ad but Brett Stewart is back in the nrl promo where he belongs - bloody nice pass too!

I can't believe you guys have all skipped over the most us choice for the NRL theme song - Eagle Rock!!

Masked Eagle said:
MadMarcus said:
I can't believe you guys have all skipped over the most us choice for the NRL theme song - Eagle Rock!!

That's our song! No need to share it with the great unwashed!!!!!

I prefer to think of it forcing it on them rather than sharing it with them. :D

Lady Gaga would be huge $ compared to bon jovi....

For one i can not judge the add as I am happy Manly is all over it....

It is interesting the shift they have made from featuring specific players (using multi cut aways etc)

Very pleased with it. Best ad for many years.
The song has grown on me, and Manly gets its due recognition as premiers.
Well done NRL. Here's one Manly fan who has only positive things to say about the NRL (on this matter, anyway).

i don't know why they just don't get The Angels - 'Take A Long Line', then cast Todd Carney and the Johns Brothers up front with backing vocals from Robbie O'Davis & Adam McDougall.

I like it. Lots of Manly and shows us holding the trophy at the end. I dont like the song on a personal level but its not that bad for an NRL anthem could be worse.

Daniel said:
The Eagle said:
Beautiful People = Marilyn Manson would be perfect or Burn it to the ground = Nickleback

Hell id be all for them going back to the future with Enter Sandman

Nickleback...LOL just so much LOL.

If Midnight Oil didnt have so many political messages in their songs, they would have some great candidates. Power and the Passion has some lines that would work "sometimes you've got to take the hardest line", "ohhhhh the power and the passion" that just seems such a good tag line for Rugby League if you ask me. But the song would need remixing and rewording.

jeez even a reworded "It's a long way to the top"

There are so many great Australian songs that have a tribal feel and we have to cop this crap

Because a hard baseline in their one good song makes it bad? i guess youd rather it was George Micheal,Cindy Lauper or Britney Spears?

The Eagle said:
Daniel said:
The Eagle said:
Beautiful People = Marilyn Manson would be perfect or Burn it to the ground = Nickleback

If Midnight Oil didnt have so many political messages in their songs, they would have some great candidates. Power and the Passion has some lines that would work "sometimes you've got to take the hardest line", "ohhhhh the power and the passion" that just seems such a good tag line for Rugby League if you ask me. But the song would need remixing and rewording.

There are so many great Australian songs that have a tribal feel and we have to cop this crap

Because a hard baseline in their one good song makes it bad? i guess youd rather it was George Micheal,Cindy Lauper or Britney Spears?

know your memes

Kiwi Eagle said:
Holy Grail would be a reasonable tune for the NRL

That song lost it for me when the banjo picking Queenslanders took it on board as their anthem in their attempt to end their 70 year Sheffield Shield drought.

Cambo said:
Does any else think that lady gaga's song "The Edge of Glory" would make a great song for the nrl ad. I'm not real fan of hers but that song would be pretty good IMO

Haha. Cracker please. That song is painful.

I don't see the need for football to market itself using music particularly at all. The worlds of music and football are basically incompatible.

Music is alternative, coolsy scenester land. Footy is mainstream bogan land.

Music used in this way is contrived and awkward, as the Bon Jovi song proves to anyone with any pride in their musical taste.

It's better for everyone if people don't try too hard (like lady gaga does). We have a great product that can be marketed using it's own strengths.

Daniel said:
The Eagle said:
Daniel said:
The Eagle said:

know your memes

So Beiber?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4