NEW Manly coach Geoff Toovey has issued a clean slate to the players, declaring all p

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tooves is manly in its purest form, his heart was always a ton bigger than any bloke who has ever laced a boot, if he can instil any of that into his roster we would never lose a game under his tenure, atleast not without one hell of a fight

I'm happy he finally has the reigns as this is his dream

The thing I hated most about hasler when he was here was his inability to shake up the team and drop underperforming players. I don't think Toovey will be afraid to do this.

Manly To Win! said:
The thing I hated most about hasler when he was here was his inability to shake up the team and drop underperforming players. I don't think Toovey will be afraid to do this.

Chris Bailey, Tony Williams....Hodkinson, the list goes on

Des said the same thing when he took over with us. The old, "No position is a given" routine is trotted out by all new coaches. Des has probably dropped that line at the Dogs, and Cleary at the Panthers. The big thing i would love from 2V would be for him to actually stand by it.

Manly To Win! said:
It was a strength of Hasler that he made decisions about who could play the role he wanted in his teams, and he was prepared to stand by his selections. Lyon at 5/8 in 2008 was a prime example. He did not chop & change the team and who's to say the faith he showed in his players didn't play a large role in the confidence & self-belief those players needed in order to achieve premiership sucess?

I'll back Toovey to match Des's achievements, but don't forget that Des already has the runs on the board.

Phantar said:
How on earth will Dean Ritchie spin this into a bad news story?

Easy peasy:

Manly players have to continually be 'shown what to do' rather than told. This points to 2V's lack of experience and confidence in his charges.

To make a positive - Manly have embarked on a whole new era in the coaching ranks. New head coach 2V is taking the team through their paces and is more approachable than his predecessor. Accordingly, the players are very haoppy with this new professional approach and see it as a set up from their previous expereinces.

It is further understood that reinforcing the doors of all visitor coaching areas is no longer high on the priorities of all clubs who now play Manly.

However, 2V has planned to break a couple next year just to show his intensity.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7