New Manager

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What exactly does the football manager do and who was sacked from the position this year?
Thanks in advance.
It was Steve Gigg Budgie, who has been in that role on and off for many years. Not sure exactly what their role is. I imagine they're like a day-to-day operations officer, who herds the cats, so to speak.

And I just went through the whole thread and saw your question had already been answered.:)

The Brookvale imbroglio. As I said elsewhere, the Penns appear to take their cue from the 'Tony Abbott School of Negotiation', which is locked up somewhere in DLP Tony's tiny brain. We have all witnessed how well skills like Tony's work on the national scene.

Sea Eagles offered Olive Branch over Brookvale bill
October 28, 2015 4:35pm
Sarah SwainManly Daily
1dc9e7d2487a5c183580e7a8ef0f8912

Warringhah Mayor Michael Regan and General Manager Rik Hart. Councillors voted to “make a ‘without prejudice’ offer ... in respect of the monies owed to council for the 2015 National Rugby League season.”

Warringah Council has offered an olive branch to the Manly Sea Eagles by giving the club a discounted deal if they pay the rent they owe for Brookvale Oval.

The saga over an outstanding bill of about $405,000 has continued despite the season ending weeks ago.

The club has only paid about $75,000, it is understood, for the entire season.

But now, after a meeting behind closed doors, councillors voted to put a deal on the table to try and get the row resolved. Councillors voted to “make a ‘without prejudice’ offer ... in respect of the monies owed to council for the 2015 National Rugby League season.”

It agreed to give the council’s general manager Rick Hart “the authority to do all things necessary to give effect to this resolution.”

Sea Eagles chief financial officer Neil Bare said the club had yet to hear from the council about the deal – but said he was aware it was being discussed.

v1

“Obviously we are keen to resolve the matter and secure Brookvale moving forward,” he said.

Two weeks ago, the club terminated its licence for Brookvale, meaning it no longer has a lease to play games there.

However, the council said it would have rolled on had they not cancelled it. Now they will have to agree to a new one.

The club is refusing to pay up because it said the ground had not been maintained properly, something the council disputes.

The Sea Eagles have accused the council of “forcing them out” of Brookvale. Warringah Mayor Michael Regan hit back, saying it did not want to be a “scapegoat” over rumoured plans for the club to move to Gosford.

Manly Mayor Jean Hay has even waded in, accusing Warringah of “ripping off” the club. Warringah Council said the club made $17.6 million last year including $3 million on the gate, while ratepayers stumped up just under $1 million paying for things such as electricity, security and pitch maintenance.

Next season’s fixtures remain up in the air while a resolution is thrashed out.

THE BALANCE SHEET

What the Sea Eagles paid:

$375k plus $1 per ticket (apx $30k) = $405,000

What Warringah Council paid:

Electricity and water $77,000

Cleaning and waste $89,348

Game day staff $38,269

Pitch (NRL standard) $170,208

Security $23,787

Maintenance $201,457

Upgrades $380,000

Total: $980,069

What the Sea Eagles made:

$17.6 million

If it's only 7 games at Brookvale you can bet some " blockbuster" games have been moved to the large stadiums, which of course negates the home ground advantage.

I wonder, if all this isn't a swarmy way to get around the control the Football Club has??? It smells of that I must say and if Manly no longer has an agreement to play at Brookvale then the FC controlling power over that side of things is a shot duck.

As I used to say in business there's more than one way to skin a cat !!

If it's only 7 games at Brookvale you can bet some " blockbuster" games have been moved to the large stadiums, which of course negates the home ground advantage.

I wonder, if all this isn't a swarmy way to get around the control the Football Club has??? It smells of that I must say and if Manly no longer has an agreement to play at Brookvale then the FC controlling power over that side of things is a shot duck.

Hang on Mark run that one by me again? Doesn't the 10 games at Brookvale Oval veto power the MWRLFC have be enforced regardless of a current agreement with the Warringah Council?

Was this the Sea Eagles total INCOME - or was it what they MADE (profit) after deducting the costs of running the thing?
There is a difference!
Ask the Council - I just pasted the article.

The only facts we know are that the Franchise (3 current Board Members voted for it) signed a lease that now they want to discount. Lawyers at 10 paces @:cool:

I agree and alluded to this in some thread a while back. We can hardly argue to play at Brookvale if the current owners manufacture a situation that forces us out. While they wash their hands saying "beyond our control".

It's not a smell, it's a stench.

Good news about Charlie, who understands the Manly way.
But as for Warringah Council . . . bring on the amalgamations. Now!

Steve Gigg

One of the most important jobs in the football department, the list of jobs would be a mile long , but the organisation of the teams movements , accommodation is the primary role.

A huge job let me tell you, and it's a lot more than just that.
Nate Myles' team manager had an off day, based on the lack of organisation of his famous movements in that accommodation.

Was this the Sea Eagles total INCOME - or was it what they MADE (profit) after deducting the costs of running the thing?
There is a difference!
I would say that it was gross turnover, which would include sponsorship, gate takings, merchandise and NRL grant, there is no way the the club would have made any profit at all after all expenses are taken out.
The Council is just trying to squeeze extra money from the club, the reality is that they would still have to maintain the ground even if the Sea Eagles vacate and then it becomes a bigger burden to them as they will not be getting any rent from Manly.

Hang on Mark run that one by me again? Doesn't the 10 games at Brookvale Oval veto power the MWRLFC have be enforced regardless of a current agreement with the Warringah Council?

Yes but remember the skinned cat.

Oh sorry Football Club , we can't reach an agreement with the council
any more so your vote doesn't mean ****, we only can afford to pay X and council says we can only use it for 7 times for that money.

Sorry but we have to move 5 games away.

Think about it, a smart way to get around the Football Clubs vetoe powers .

Now I may be totally wrong but it just smells like this to me.

I would say that it was gross turnover, which would include sponsorship, gate takings, merchandise and NRL grant, there is no way the the club would have made any profit at all after all expenses are taken out.
The Council is just trying to squeeze extra money from the club, the reality is that they would still have to maintain the ground even if the Sea Eagles vacate and then it becomes a bigger burden to them as they will not be getting any rent from Manly.
My thoughts exactly.

Ask the Council - I just pasted the article.

The only facts we know are that the Franchise (3 current Board Members voted for it) signed a lease that now they want to discount. Lawyers at 10 paces @:cool:
I think I said this months ago... The price per game for 2015 was known by Penns at the latest in 2014. There were no surprises.

Ok tin foil hat time.
The Penns are are trying to get Manly to be "forced" to play home games away from Brookie.
They will take the home games to Gosford.
The Penns will then accept a massive relocation grant from the NRL to move the team to the Central coast permanently.
Part of this grant will be used to pay ZtH massive food costs.
Penns make bank and sell to the highest bidder.
Next step in the Penn family consortium is to **** Toovey out of what ever job he currently has.

Hats off and back to reality

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6