New Like system installed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting concept.

I do feel "dumb" is a rather harsh assessment of anyone, could I suggest we change that one to "ironstine" in keeping with the site vibe.

Maybe bad spelling could also be changed to "Fro pas"
Love the Ironstine call - gold.

Hi Dan, I have feedback.

1. Consider limiting the number of options to a few meaningful ones? When there are many to choose from some fatigue occurs searching and deciding.

2. Some of them are ambiguous. Options like friendly and creative don't have a clear meaning in the context of a sports fan forum? Perhaps options like 'rant', 'ryan would agree', 'tell him he's dreaming' and 'troll' 'are more relevant. :)

3.Some options are not about the opinion but the opinion-giver. Bad spelling, old and dumb won't make for good discussion. Winner, although positive, seems a little odd too. Perhaps cause it is both positive and snarky in meaning.

Personally my preference would be: like, dislike, agree, disagree. Perhaps a little boring but a short set of options with clear meaning, focussed on the opinion and not the opinion-giver, will help the user get the 'vibe of it',and encourage use.

As an ux/agile fan I'd say you could just see how it flies live.

The new site has been getting better incrementally since you switched it over, especially on mobile. I come here daily for my maroon and white fix. Thanks Dan!

These are just the defaults I haven't finished the final config yet. I installed it on the train and have not revisited it as yet. I will do that when I get a chance

Interesting concept.

I do feel "dumb" is a rather harsh assessment of anyone, could I suggest we change that one to "ironstine" in keeping with the site vibe.

Maybe bad spelling could also be changed to "Fro pas"
Ironstine done....

I think the too many options is just a fear of change, they allow you to think outside the box a little with polls etc. it also lets me trigger actions based on ratings as well, like hiding posts after too many negative ratings and so on. It will also help us uncover the really good posts later once we build up usage and the initial novelty of ratings wars finish.

This really does build greater interactions. I am happy to add and remove some of them that are there or adapt them a little but I think the base amount so far are pretty good.

First of all, thanks dan for the constant innovation on this great site.

I am happy with the number of icons that are available, I think they give you a broad range of choice. (I respect people sentiment towards the number of icon being too large).

I think that the first 5 will be used the most anyway.

Just my opinion:

Creative doesn't really sit in the context of what we share. I was thinking this is one could be 'great idea' or 'clever'. That way if someone posts a innovative idea or YART you like, you could assign that.

TBH I can see 'Friendly' either being rarely used, or sarcastically when the occasional keyboard war happens.

My initial interpretation of friendly was one of 'thanks for helping me out'. Based on this I thought that friendly and useful could be merged into 'helpful'

I would like a Troll or Rant button or both (troll if I had to choose), it would be useful on this site. We could assign troll to squeels and dogs supporters and immediately alert other uses that we have a troll alert. Rant is obviously for when you think someone is whinging.

OK, my feedback on the Likes.

Firstly, well done for introducing an expanding list which is a bit of fun - good times! I have a list of keepers, replacements, remove all together, and a couple of new ones if possible.

KEEPERS:
  1. Like
  2. Agree
  3. Funny
  4. Ironstine
REPLACE:
  1. Winner with 'Ripper!'
  2. Dislike with 'Not so much!'
  3. Disagree with 'Pig's Arse!'
  4. Informative with 'Good Oil'
REMOVE:
  1. Creative
  2. Optimistic
  3. Useful
  4. Old
  5. Bad Spelling
  6. Friendly
ADD (not sure if you can add your own symbols):
  1. Troll (with a Troll icon)
  2. Chucked a Tanty (cry baby face)

Troll icon added and ironstine fixed will be making other changes as I get the chance

ok so added and changed a few.

- Yart-tastic (self explanatory is the picture of the clipboard for phone users
- Dummy spit (explains itself and is the dummy icon)

Loving all this on the laptop @Dan but wondering if they can be made a bit bigger for my hat thumbs on the iPhone. So many times I've tried to hit agree and ended up with dislike or troll. Then have to undo and aim the fat thumb again!

Love it only thing I think could be beneficial is an off tangent button (not saying which poster might get a few of these...)

Love it only thing I think could be beneficial is an off tangent button (not saying which poster might get a few of these...)
The new like system seems to be going well and I once had a cat named Harry. He was black and white. His favourite food was Dine.
What foods did other posters' past cats eat?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2