• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
simz said:
And if that's the new jersey it looks crap

Looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't like the white V Jersey. I much prefer the current maroon white striped Kaspersky jersey.

Why change the current one, its brilliant! Modern take on our classic jersey. The white V is a throwback of sorts, though everyone identifies us with the hoops design. I was watching beaver in Perpignan 2 weeks ago and countless old frenchies in the crowd recognised my retro hoops 70s MW jersey, "le eagles!"

image.jpg

Berkeley_Eagle said:

Well, I think that it looks horrible and I certainly won't be buying one going by that drawing. As I haven't bought a jersey in many years, I was really looking forward to buying one of the current maroon with white striped Kaspersky jerseys as I like the look of them as they remind me a lot of the 72 & 87 jerseys but seeing as though they won't be available, I won't be buying any at the moment (but I will reserve my final judgement on the 2012 jersey until I have actually seen one that is not just a drawing as i didn't initially like the latest indigenous Manly jersey when it was first shown as a drawing on the MWSE website but they looked a lot better when you saw what they looked like in real life on the night of the game).

The thing that really irks me about that jersey isnt the V,its the fact that the V cuts off twice,once at the armpit and again at the sponsorship

The only problem with the away jersey is basically the same thing with the hoops,it cuts off at the sides and id prefer the hoops be hoops,not lines to nothing

Dont think I'll be buying one of those, it could be the first time for a few years that I havent got the latest home jersey.

I also dont like the V being cut off.

Jethro said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Well, I think that it looks horrible and I certainly won't be buying one going by that drawing. As I haven't bought a jersey in many years, I was really looking forward to buying one of the current maroon with white striped Kaspersky jerseys as I like the look of them as they remind me a lot of the 72 & 87 jerseys but seeing as though they won't be available, I won't be buying any at the moment (but I will reserve my final judgement on the 2012 jersey until I have actually seen one that is not just a drawing as i didn't initially like the latest indigenous Manly jersey when it was first shown as a drawing on the MWSE website but they looked a lot better when you saw what they looked like in real life on the night of the game).

Have to agree with Jethro here.

This season's jerseys have nailed it for great looks because they draw so heavily on the fabulous Manly jerseys of the 1970s and 1980s era which I grew up with as a kid.

They are a tasteful appropriate modern take on those jerseys which saw the first of many premierships won by Manly

Hint to David Perry: keep the jersey same as now for 2012, but maybe bring out this white V just for the heritage game.

After all maybe it is the heritage jersey for 2012....or a prototype or artists impression? Larissa any clues please?

I called it a year ago that we might be getting a chevron jersey due to the fact that ISC who picked up a lot of the ESL jerseys went through and did a modern take on teams with chevrons.

The above jersey looks like what St Helens are playing in this year.

While our team is traditionally known for the hoops don't forget we had the chevron when we first started playing in the comp.

From a marketing standpoint there is no way larissa will be allowed to reveal to much, its probably yet to be finalised

Captain of the Gate said:
There is a new jersey on the membership page. Looks like we are changing to the white V. Have a look at the bottom Right of the page "Special Offers" tab

http://membership.seaeagles.com.au/

I like that

Why the eff is Fatty Vautin on the front of the website after what he has said about the boys?

I wouldn't read too much into that jersey in the drawing. It is too plain and unremarkable to be the 2012 jersey, I would guess. Too bland.

Who knows what it is...but I doubt that the design of the 2012 jersey will be revealed until after the 2011 season is over.

IF that is the new jersey, they would be better off releasing the 2011 version ASAP because they won't sell many of those next year. Ugly.

It has the old sea eagles logo on it so might be a heritage round jersey or something.
Either way looks ESL.
I was hoping wed keep the jerseys we have now for a few years since we finally have matching home and away.( just colour reversed).

the more you look at it, the more that maroon V jersey looks like an artist's impression

Its OK.... but the current 2011 ones kill it stone dead!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4