New jersey picture????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Regardless of membership pricing etc, my first thought when I saw that picture was that our PR dept is still a joke.

Honestly, the club have known for some time about the sponsor, it would have taken 3 days tops to have a proper jersey done up with the logo printed on, have a photo taken of it and send it to media outlets at the same time the announcement is made.

Its pathetic marketing from our club again.

Cliffy - I am not a member as I cannot afford it, purely a financial reason not because I don't feel like not renewing it.  Paying my mortgage and medical cover takes far greater precedence for my family than paying for the privilege of seeing a cartoon moke up.  Just because I do not pay for a membership does not make me any less of a fan than you or anyone else. 

This is just a b*ll**** way for the club to milk more money out of it's fans. It is every fans right to see what the new jersey looks like - without us there would be no club, irrespective of what Max and Penn put in.  I have paid enough money over the past 30 years supporting this club from attendance at games to buying merchandise to have that right of seeing a new jersey picture.

Silver link said:
Cliffy - I am not a member as I cannot afford it, purely a financial reason not because I don't feel like not renewing it.  Paying my mortgage and medical cover takes far greater precedence for my family than paying for the privilege of seeing a cartoon moke up.  Just because I do not pay for a membership does not make me any less of a fan than you or anyone else. 

This is just a b*llS**t way for the club to milk more money out of it's fans. It is every fans right to see what the new jersey looks like - without us there would be no club, irrespective of what Max and Penn put in.  I have paid enough money over the past 30 years supporting this club from attendance at games to buying merchandise to have that right of seeing a new jersey picture.
matie its not like our club or any nrl club is rolling in cash
more members = a great chance of survial
why should two men continue to tip in all the cash

clontaago link said:
Regardless of membership pricing etc, my first thought when I saw that picture was that our PR dept is still a joke.

Honestly, the club have known for some time about the sponsor, it would have taken 3 days tops to have a proper jersey done up with the logo printed on, have a photo taken of it and send it to media outlets at the same time the announcement is made.

Its pathetic marketing from our club again.

Spot on.

It was only restricted to members on Day 1 believe, anyway those who continually discredit the club's attempts at providing membership opportunities as well as its related benefits are not true supporters

DVS Matt link said:
anyone that wasn't there at Penrith when we got lapped 72-10 (???) is not a true supporter
Anyone who did not get very upset and involved in the abuse etc on what used to be called www.mightyeagles.com.au after that loss is not a true supporter!!!!!

I just hate Corso's requirements for having an opinion.

If you applied it to everything else in life you could comment on **** all.

I’ve been a Football Club member for many years and more recently the “Screaming Eagles” as and when it was introduced.

The benefits I receive are wide and varied and include discounted access to games both home and away, cheap transport to away games, discount on merchandise and priority access to finals and SOO tickets.

Over the years I’ve been invited to coaching clinics run by Des and Dennis Moore, Been offered the opportunity to put questions to the management and coaching team via the official members site, my daughter was selected to run out the team against Parra at the SCG a few years ago (when that was a draw for junior members) and I was recently invited to represent the club at the members forum at the SFS where I was able to raise a number of concerns to Messrs Gallop and Annersley.

During the season I receive regular emails regarding team and club news, get access to the MWTV site to see training sessions, post match press conferences etc and I’m also able to access a “members only area” at after game functions where I get to chat with the players and staff.

I've met all manner of people from around the country through the official forum and am pleased to now call many of them mates.

I know the management reads the MWSE forum on a regular basis to "listen" to the fan base and it is not uncommon to see Grant Mayer post on there from time to time.

During the current World Cup I know that members have been offered free tickets to games.

Whilst the workload to the membership team seems to increase each year I’ve found Aaron, Grace and Alicia to be pro-active, friendly, helpful and keen to do what they can to assist the membership base.

During the season they work under enormous pressure with limited resources (both time and money) and often against very tight deadlines – I know from experience that the job sometimes involves very early starts and very late finishes and can sometimes mean no real day off for weeks on end.

The club has shown a number of initiatives to tailor the membership to fit people’s wants and needs including a range of memberships for people from “out of town” and also “breaking” the benefits down so that the package is more of a “user pays” type offering.

The club organised all manner of events for members last season including 2 great functions in QLD (Titans and Broncos) that were massively attended by local and travelling members alike where they had the opportunity to meet and spend time with the club management and also players both current and “Old Boys”.

I know many people that assist the club in all manner of ways from sponsorship through to turning snags at fan days.

There are many who assist as volunteers with such glamorous sporting essentials as “Stuffing envelopes”, giving out the Eagle news at the game and selling raffle tickets to help raise much needed funds – These people give up their free time to do what they can and are the life blood of many clubs – True supporters to my way of thinking?

I have no problem in the current economic climate with people who simply can’t afford to get membership but to be hyper- critical of the people who do so much for the club they love (both those who are employed or volunteer their time) and to underestimate or devalue the importance of the funds that membership brings is (I think) sad considering our very recent history.

Interestingly, I often find that non-members are usually the people who are so vocal at their opposition to media ownership rather than the game being owned by supporters……..

vidmar link said:
I’ve been a Football Club member for many years and more recently the “Screaming Eagles” as and when it was introduced.

The benefits I receive are wide and varied and include discounted access to games both home and away, cheap transport to away games, discount on merchandise and priority access to finals and SOO tickets.

Over the years I’ve been invited to coaching clinics run by Des and Dennis Moore, Been offered the opportunity to put questions to the management and coaching team via the official members site, my daughter was selected to run out the team against Parra at the SCG a few years ago (when that was a draw for junior members) and I was recently invited to represent the club at the members forum at the SFS where I was able to raise a number of concerns to Messrs Gallop and Annersley.

During the season I receive regular emails regarding team and club news, get access to the MWTV site to see training sessions, post match press conferences etc and I’m also able to access a “members only area” at after game functions where I get to chat with the players and staff.

I've met all manner of people from around the country through the official forum and am pleased to now call many of them mates.

I know the management reads the MWSE forum on a regular basis to \"listen\" to the fan base and it is not uncommon to see Grant Mayer post on there from time to time.

During the current World Cup I know that members have been offered free tickets to games.

Whilst the workload to the membership team seems to increase each year I’ve found Aaron, Grace and Alicia to be pro-active, friendly, helpful and keen to do what they can to assist the membership base.

During the season they work under enormous pressure with limited resources (both time and money) and often against very tight deadlines – I know from experience that the job sometimes involves very early starts and very late finishes and can sometimes mean no real day off for weeks on end.

The club has shown a number of initiatives to tailor the membership to fit people’s wants and needs including a range of memberships for people from “out of town” and also “breaking” the benefits down so that the package is more of a “user pays” type offering.

The club organised all manner of events for members last season including 2 great functions in QLD (Titans and Broncos) that were massively attended by local and travelling members alike where they had the opportunity to meet and spend time with the club management and also players both current and “Old Boys”.

I know many people that assist the club in all manner of ways from sponsorship through to turning snags at fan days.

There are many who assist as volunteers with such glamorous sporting essentials as “Stuffing envelopes”, giving out the Eagle news at the game and selling raffle tickets to help raise much needed funds – These people give up their free time to do what they can and are the life blood of many clubs – True supporters to my way of thinking?

I have no problem in the current economic climate with people who simply can’t afford to get membership but to be hyper- critical of the people who do so much for the club they love (both those who are employed or volunteer their time) and to underestimate or devalue the importance of the funds that membership brings is (I think) sad considering our very recent history.

Interestingly, I often find that non-members are usually the people who are so vocal at their opposition to media ownership rather than the game being owned by supporters……..

Vid, Well said and spoken like a real supporter good on ya mate.

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=DVS Matt link=topic=178906.msg203184#msg203184 date=1226888302]
anyone that wasn't there at Penrith when we got lapped 72-10 (???) is not a true supporter
Anyone who did not get very upset and involved in the abuse etc on what used to be called www.mightyeagles.com.au after that loss is not a true supporter!!!!!
[/quote]

Anyone who hasn't sledged Jason Ferris, Chad Randall, Jye Mullane, Paul Stephenson, Jason King, Michael Monaghan, et al.......... isn't a true supporter.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=178906.msg203187#msg203187 date=1226889555]
[/quote]

Anyone who hasn't sledged Jason Ferris, Chad Randall, Jye Mullane, Paul Stephenson, Jason King, Michael Monaghan, et al.......... isn't a true supporter.
[/quote]
wat about 3 out of 6 :)

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=178906.msg203187#msg203187 date=1226889555]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You have left Willo & Bryant off the list

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8