New Ground Announcer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Simmo

How good was the Ground Announcer today.

Concise, accurate and no screaming at us.

Excellent, measured use of a simple "Let's go Manly" to occasionally spark the crowd.

Best of all, when the crowd did start a chant on their own, he was able to recognise we were on to it ourselves and did not need him to come screaming over the top "Where are the Manly fans. Let me hear you make some noise" (if you just shut up, you would hear us).

Slight booboo at the end about a Home Semi at Brookie, but can't really blame him for the NRL's idiotic rules.

Hope he takes over permanently, if not for the rest of this season, then certainly next year.

Less is best, not as good as Grant Goldman but oh so much better than the droll that has been dished out by the previous announcer.

I thought it was the same guy too.

He must of learned from all the complaints in the Panthers announcer thread.

Ralphie said:
He's light years ahead of the other bloke. Please Mr Penn can we keep him.

I'll second that. It was obvious to me the whole time it was a different bloke. There was no "where are all the Manly fans, we need your support right here right now" etc and he wasn't banging on every 5 minutes. Yes I hope we keep the new bloke from now on too.

toby-martin.jpg

Jono, the ex announcer, was quietly given the punt before the Tigers game. Toby Martin started up at Bluetongue.

Besides his more understated approach, the mikes were definitely turned down a few notches on Sunday. Much better

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2