New goal kicker?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just think - if Tooves was still here he'd start looking into it around round 15...

G'day all,Maybe with our new coach and a different playing style we won't score 90% of our tries a millimetre from the touchlines which would then help the chances of whoever is kicking them.
cheers mike

The importance of a quality kicker could easily be shown on Sunday with Thurston vs Parker.
If both teams score 5 tries out wide its Thurston 5/5 - Parker 2/5 & after getting a 6 point buffer, a Thurston FG makes it a winning 7 point game...no reflection on a game Brisbane should have had equal share.
If its 2 tries each in a defensive game, the score could also end up 12-8 Cows showing how easily a game can be decided by your kicker...

The importance of a quality kicker could easily be shown on Sunday with Thurston vs Parker.
If both teams score 5 tries out wide its Thurston 5/5 - Parker 2/5 & after getting a 6 point buffer, a Thurston FG makes it a winning 7 point game...no reflection on a game Brisbane should have had equal share.
If its 2 tries each in a defensive game, the score could also end up 12-8 Cows showing how easily a game can be decided by your kicker...
Mate the importance of a quality kicker was 100% shown this season when Toovey didn't have anyone practising kicking when all his normal kicking options went down. One of his major failings as a coach during his tenure IMO. I remember DCE saying he'd happily do it and practice but no one had asked him to, then I think not long after bloody Mateo stepped up and started slotting them and everyone was like "wait, what the **** is he doing???" @:D...

I am sure if old superboot Mateo was as good a goal kicker as some people think, he probably would have gotten more opportunities to kick for goal.. I can't for the life of me figure out why not.

Zorba has kicked a vew goals this year.
Do you think he has met all his performance indicators? I think so.

I'm sure he will receive a nice bonus from Rick and Scott for Christmas, which he will blow down at the Forestville TAB* - after all, he hasn't got that online betting stuff sorted out yet. No wonder he was turfed as the media manager - something Des said, about ZtH being left behind by new technologies.

*No wonder he is still 'working' in his late '60s.

I am sure if old superboot Mateo was as good a goal kicker as some people think, he probably would have gotten more opportunities to kick for goal.. I can't for the life of me figure out why not.
The only opportunity that Mateo got last year he kicked 4 out of 4

Seems a bit strange that Killer, DCE, Matai and Foran were all at one point prefered to him, but our fifth choice should have been our first

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7