New Forum: NRL Conspiracy Theories

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Strap on your foil helmets, take a seat on the grassy knoll and get ready for the men in black to knock on your door. We have so many of these theories floating around the site, I thought it worth having an individual forum for it. Please remember this is all in good fun, be as outlandish as you like with your theories, but try to ground them with a little fact, and remember the forum rules as always.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Forum-NRL-Conspiracy-theories

Enjoy and have fun!

(Also thinking about adding a "rumour mill" forum but I am concerned about it being abused and people getting themselves in trouble

Honestly this is silly, no offense Dan but it makes the site look altogether amateur. Conspiracy theories are always going to be flying around, it isn't going to help creating a new forum for them as otherwise useful threads are going to have to be quarantined all the time when the loons get hold of them.

If you can be bothered counter then with facts, if not just ignore them and more on, I can't see the point in this forum at all.

Rusty said:
Honestly this is silly, no offense Dan but it makes the site look altogether amateur. Conspiracy theories are always going to be flying around, it isn't going to help creating a new forum for them as otherwise useful threads are going to have to be quarantined all the time when the loons get hold of them.

If you can be bothered counter then with facts, if not just ignore them and more on, I can't see the point in this forum at all.

Heard of this stuff
Fun

n.
1. A source of enjoyment, amusement, or pleasure.
2. Enjoyment; amusement: have fun at the beach.
3. Playful, often noisy, activity.
intr.v. funned, fun·ning, funs Informal
To behave playfully; joke.
adj. Informal
Enjoyable; amusing: "You're a real fun guy" (Margaret Truman).
Idiom:
for/in fun
As a joke; playfully.
[Possibly from fon, to make a fool of, from Middle English fonnen, to fool, possibly from fonne, fool.]
Usage Note: The use of fun as an attributive adjective, as in a fun time, a fun place, probably originated in a playful reanalysis of the use of the word in sentences such as It is fun to ski, where fun has the syntactic function of adjectives such as amusing or enjoyable. The usage became popular in the 1950s and 1960s, though there is some evidence to suggest that it has 19th-century antecedents, but it can still raise eyebrows among traditionalists. The day may come when this usage is entirely unremarkable, but writers may want to avoid it in more formal contexts.

1. a source of enjoyment, amusement, diversion, etc.
2. pleasure, gaiety, or merriment
3. jest or sport (esp in the phrases in or for fun)
fun and games Ironic or facetious amusement; frivolous activity
like fun Informal
a. (adverb) quickly; vigorously
b. (interjection) not at all! certainly not!
make fun of or poke fun at to ridicule or deride
7. (modifier) full of amusement, diversion, gaiety, etc. a fun sport
vb funs, funning, funned
(intr) Informal to act in a joking or sporting manner
[perhaps from obsolete fon to make a fool of; see fond1]

And from the thesaurus

amusement, sport, treat, pleasure, entertainment, cheer, good time, recreation, enjoyment, romp, distraction, diversion, frolic, junketing, merriment, whoopee (informal), high jinks, living it up, jollity, beer and skittles (informal), merrymaking, jollification You still have time to join in the fun.
2. joking, clowning, merriment, playfulness, play, game, sport, nonsense, teasing, jesting, skylarking (informal), horseplay, buffoonery, tomfoolery, jocularity, foolery There was lots of fun going on last night.
3. enjoyment, pleasure, joy, cheer, mirth, gaiety She had a great sense of fun.
enjoyment depression, distress, despair, grief, misery, gloom, sadness, sorrow, woe, melancholy, unhappiness, desolation
4. ridicule, contempt, taunting, scorn, sneering, mockery, derision I thought he was a figure of fun.
adjective
enjoyable, entertaining, pleasant, amusing, lively, diverting, witty, convivial It was a fun evening.
for or in fun for a joke, tongue in cheek, jokingly, playfully, for a laugh, mischievously, in jest, teasingly, with a straight face, facetiously, light-heartedly, roguishly, with a gleam or twinkle in your eye Don't say such things, even in fun.
fun and games horseplay, clowning, romping, pranks, fooling around, rough-and-tumble, junketing, revelry, skylarking (informal), high jinks, jollity, buffoonery, merrymaking Their fun and games hurt a lot of people.
make fun of something or someone mock, tease, ridicule, poke fun at, take off, rag, rib (informal), laugh at, taunt, mimic, parody, deride, send up (Brit. informal), scoff at, sneer at, lampoon, make a fool of, pour scorn on, take the mickey out of (Brit. informal), take the piss out of (taboo slang), satirize, pull someone's leg, hold up to ridicule, make a monkey of, make sport of, make the butt of, make game of Don't make fun of me!
Quotations
"That [sex] was the most fun I've ever had without laughing" [Woody Allen Annie Hall]

^

Thanks for all that Eagle. No doubt when people look at this site, they will say of Dan - that man knows how to have fun.

If I were running the show and looking for site sponsers and the like I think I would pefer that people thought I knew how to run a professional outfit.

Not having a go by the way Dan, greatest respect for the way you hold the site together and for what you have built, for me it just looks poor thats all.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4