New concussion rule

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
on the 2pm 2gb news they just said the NRL has ruled that if a player comes off the field concussed he can't return to game the field of play on the same day
interesting is how they gonna going to police that

no link yet

On the same day?  wtf.  Just stupid.  Brain injuries take time to heal, if they ever do.  A week off would be my idea of a sensible ruling.  Then only to return on the clearance of a doctor.  The NRL have no idea regarding duty of care. 

Good idea.Just a thought,though,how many players are going to stay down after a minor head knock,to try and get the penalty,and the free interchange?I know it happens now,but to lose an interchange player for the whole game is different.

bhot link said:
Will coaches try to keep players on the field if they are concussed?
Of course. And stall as long as possible before making the potentially disastrous decision to pull them off, knowing they are gone for the match.

Another Double Standard David kneejerk ruling. Talk about a reactive administration.

I actually 100% agree with this rule hard to police exactly but it's a step in the right direction and gallops heart is in the right place.

I remember back in the 90's a bloke died at Harbord park because he copped a second knock. He was taken off with concussion. And then went back on copped a knock and passed away.

Hope I didn't dredge up bad memories for anyone on this site, but it's absolutely one of the main reasons this is and should be enforced this thing happens often.

Not sure why anyone would be upset at gallop or the nrl for trying to do the right thing by the players.

If anyone breaks this rule then the fault lays squarely with the coaches and trainers.

In the AFL they have a standard procedure the doctors go through to diagnose it.  You don't pass the test, you don't go back on.  Simple. 

I'd rather we err on the side of caution when it comes to the brain. 

Dan link said:
I actually 100% agree with this rule hard to police exactly but it's a step in the right direction and gallops heart is in the right place.

I remember back in the 90's a bloke died at Harbord park because he copped a second knock. He was taken off with concussion. And then went back on copped a knock and passed away.

Hope I didn't dredge up bad memories for anyone on this site, but it's absolutely one of the main reasons this is and should be enforced this thing happens often.

Not sure why anyone would be upset at gallop or the nrl for trying to do the right thing by the players.

If anyone breaks this rule then the fault lays squarely with the coaches and trainers.

good post, thoughtful.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7