New coaching staff

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
FYI I heard a tale about Luke O'Donnell that he is actually a school teacher at St Gregs (probably the link to Barrett) and is super chill and a really good guy and not at all grubby. He just lights up when he gets on the paddock.

From todays SMH....

Singe shown door at Brookvale

The job shedding at Manly continues with long-term fitness guru Donny Singe told he won't be part of Trent Barrett's new-look coaching staff. Singe joins the likes of assistant coaches David Penna, Steve Georgallis, Andrew Johns and football manager Steve Gigg to be moved on. Doctor Tom Gan was also told he won't be needed at the club.

Singe took to Facebook to confirm the move. "After overseeing the physical performance of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles football club since pre-season 2003, my position as head of strength and conditioning and coaching manager has been made redundant," Singe said. "So I will leave the Sea Eagles effective today. "I will take the respect and non wavering support you lot have given me as a person over these outstanding and successful years."

Under 20s coach David Heath was also moved on despite his side making Sunday's grand final. Former Sea Eagles hooker Chad Randall will take control of the under-20s next year.

From todays SMH....

Singe shown door at Brookvale

The job shedding at Manly continues with long-term fitness guru Donny Singe told he won't be part of Trent Barrett's new-look coaching staff. Singe joins the likes of assistant coaches David Penna, Steve Georgallis, Andrew Johns and football manager Steve Gigg to be moved on. Doctor Tom Gan was also told he won't be needed at the club.

Singe took to Facebook to confirm the move. "After overseeing the physical performance of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles football club since pre-season 2003, my position as head of strength and conditioning and coaching manager has been made redundant," Singe said. "So I will leave the Sea Eagles effective today. "I will take the respect and non wavering support you lot have given me as a person over these outstanding and successful years."

Under 20s coach David Heath was also moved on despite his side making Sunday's grand final. Former Sea Eagles hooker Chad Randall will take control of the under-20s next year.
And who is coaching the cup side ???

Good question! Surely with all the blood letting Willo can't escape if both Toovey and Heath (who had a much more successful season) were punted.
Surely not possible you would think! Now would be be unbelievable but maybe he has hold of Zorbas goat videos. Time will tell

I hope Hoss Cartwright doesn't celebrate too long with the Cowboys - he has to move south and preseason starts in 3 or 4 weeks

This is the EXACT root of the issue.

Change is great, life changes all the time and those unprepared for change will be left behind .

BUT, every club in the competition has looked at what we have done and dreamed of having the same success.

Where does that success come from, a unique culture, the Sea Eagles culture.

And the very heart of that culture has been ripped from its body and stabbed through the middle.

I agree change is good , and agree we have to be supportive of the new guys , but our culture is gone.

Perhaps we can build a new one, perhaps we will just be like so many of the clubs without a culture .

Who knows , only time will tell.
Good post and pretty accurate. Most of these changes are based on revenge, which builds zero culture and usually manifests itself into distrust. Time will indeed tell

Good post and pretty accurate. Most of these changes are based on revenge, which builds zero culture and usually manifests itself into distrust. Time will indeed tell

These changes were needed. They were not based on revenge ? That is absurd. The writing was on the wall at the back end of last year and continued throughout this year. We needed change. Our style of play looked dated, the players especially senior looked disinterested and what Trent is hoping to do is add a whole fresh approach which will hopefully inspire the likes of lyon snake matai etc to have some stellar last couple of years with the club. Im excited for the change and happy that the coaches and staff have been moved on. It needed to be done.

These changes were needed. They were not based on revenge ? That is absurd. The writing was on the wall at the back end of last year and continued throughout this year. We needed change. Our style of play looked dated, the players especially senior looked disinterested and what Trent is hoping to do is add a whole fresh approach which will hopefully inspire the likes of lyon snake matai etc to have some stellar last couple of years with the club. Im excited for the change and happy that the coaches and staff have been moved on. It needed to be done.
Too extract as much as we did from 2012 onwards is a testament to our culture, in some respects we over performed but the writing has been on the wall for a while and changes needed to be made.

Tooves did some of the early hard yards and letting G.Stewart go was the right thing to do along with Watmough to a lesser extent.(i still feel a fit Watmough as rare as it probably will be can still offer something due to better leg speed compared to G.Stewart)

Souths realised early on the skillset G.Stewart has was not going to cause much impact in the NRL especially when they have lost punch and aggression, Glenn has been off the pace for a while now.

Last edited:
:trophy:

Interesting points from nick tedeschi over at making the nut. A message in there about fresh coaching being of benefit:

Fun Fact #1: The last five premiership winning coaches were with their first club when winning. The last three have won within three years of their hire.

Fun Fact #2: Wayne Bennett is the only ‘recycled’ coach to win a premiership since 2000.

Fun Fact #3: In 2016 seven clubs will be coached by a recycled coach, including five where the coach has either not won a premiership (Newcastle, Gold Coast, Wests Tigers, Penrith) or has not won a premiership in the last decade (Canberra).

Rugby league used to be a community based game for the people. It wasn't all about the money. Players had jobs and wanted to play for the club through passion and desire. It wasn't big business then. Now it has everything to do with the almighty dollar even if it means sanitising our teams. Media and sponsors create a lot of pressure to perform so if there is no return on investment then heads roll just like any other business. We're simply going to have to get used to it.

Rugby league used to be a community based game for the people. It wasn't all about the money. Players had jobs and wanted to play for the club through passion and desire. It wasn't big business then. Now it has everything to do with the almighty dollar even if it means sanitising our teams. Media and sponsors create a lot of pressure to perform so if there is no return on investment then heads roll just like any other business. We're simply going to have to get used to it.

But doesn't mean we have to like it!!

Excuse me Simon for having an opinion. My thoughts are far from absurd.
I will agree with the content of your post about change, it was long overdue. New playing style, new tactics, new roster all good. But the mass sackings of all who had anything to do with Qantum, Toovey, Footy club etc is extreme, and no good for the club culture.
Don't start drawing a long bow on me when you have FA knowledge of the politics of the club and how so many good people have had their livlihoods and passion ripped from under them. I am extremely positive about Trent and the new playing style!

Really feeling better knowing Cartwright is coming now after his win. Him and Ciebold are the ones I am excited about. At least Carty knows what it takes to win a premiership because he has done it as an assistant coach and as a player. Unlike Barrett.

Shoosh!!! Which ex Manly Champion was looking for a job on our new staff, but was told he is not wanted by Barrett??

Shoosh!!! Which ex Manly Champion was looking for a job on our new staff, but was told he is not wanted by Barrett??
Initials? Era? Position? Hair colour? Ethnicity? Gender?
Help me out here. I love and hate this stuff!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6