NEW CEO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
From Foxsports

Chief executive of Lloyds International David Smith will be announced as ARLC chief executive

By Phil Rothfield
The Daily Telegraph
November 23, 20129:35AM

The new chief executive of the NRL is senior banker David Smith.

Smith is the chief executive of Lloyds International, which is based in Sydney.

His name will be revealed to the media at 11am (EDT) today at Moore Park headquarters, in a live press conference which you can watch by returning to this page.

Smith takes over from David Gallop, who was sacked by the NRL in June.

He has no previous experience in rugby league.

News of his appointment has been kept so secret that senior NRL staff are still to be informed of the decision.

The draw for season 2013 will also be revealed this morning.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/chief-executive-of-lloyds-international-david-smith-will-be-announced-as-arlc-chief-executive/story-e6frf3ou-1226522531736#ixzz2CziWKdm4

Just what the NRL needs - a senior banker with no league experience. Grant is a pompus twit who will stuff league up completely

tookey said:
Just what the NRL needs - a senior banker with no league experience. Grant is a pompus twit who will stuff league up completely

Agreed. Another bloody banker.
The ACB is the same, appointing bankers to look after cricket.
We need visionaries who understand the importance of making the grass roots of the sport strong - not just concentrating on the elite level.

He has presided over total losses of $2.8b in 2010 and 2011 while Head of lloyds. Grant must have obviously been impressed with his CV.

In an interview with The Australian in February, Smith said Lloyds International had a strong future in Australia despite posting a $1.2 billion loss for 2011.

The Australian reported that documents lodged with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission indicated Lloyds International made an operating profit of $403 million in 2011, but had to write off $1.6bn in commercial property loans.

In 2010 the bank made a loss of $1.6bn and wrote off $2.3bn in loans.

The last one was a pansy corporate lawyer, now a bloody b(w)anker, deary me.

For work, I deal a lot with Cricket Australia and they are all ex-lawyers and the like... not practical in a sporting sense and very black and white.

How much experience has this fella got in sports administration?

You don't need to be a former player to have a vision, . you run the risk of making it an old boys club if you keep it in house, and then there will be no progress it will be status quo.

Not sure what the issue is with his background - maybe some would prefer a billionaire mining magnate...

Give me a go.

Manly get a 25 Million Cap, everyone else gets 5 Million

Manly gets a 350 Million new Stadium at Brookvale paid by the ARLC

Manly fans pay only $2.00 for tickets, as the club now gets an additional $10 Million funding to cover the shortfall on ticket sales, the only club to get this.

Manly fans get access to the special $1 Friday Frenzy fares, no conditions available right up to the day of travel to be able to fly to away games...the guaranteed maximum cost to go anywhere in Australia is $2.00, any shortfall covered by the ARLC.

Manly fans also geta special NRL deal at all Holidays Inns...just $10 a night, with full breakfast available at $1.00

Manly fans get special dispensation for 50 cent beers and $1 Jim Beams at Brookvale Oval AND, the ARLC buys the Pie vendors new Pie Warming machines so the 20 cent pies and 15 cent hot dogs are guaranteed to be hot.

Bronco's and Bulldogs to be given 24 Monday night games each!!

Manly get 12 Friday night games (for the sponsors) and the other 12 are Sunday games...well 1 in NZ (still a Sunday) but the rest and ALL HOME GAMES are Sunday afternoon.

How does that sound so far guys...anyone like to vote for me to get the gig???

Mark from Brisbane said:
Give me a go.

Manly fans pay only $2.00 for tickets, as the club now gets an additional $10 Million funding to cover the shortfall on ticket sales, the only club to get this.

Manly fans get access to the special $1 Friday Frenzy fares, no conditions available right up to the day of travel to be able to fly to away games...the guaranteed maximum cost to go anywhere in Australia is $2.00, any shortfall covered by the ARLC.

Manly fans also geta special NRL deal at all Holidays Inns...just $10 a night, with full breakfast available at $1.00

Manly fans get special dispensation for 50 cent beers and $1 Jim Beams at Brookvale Oval AND, the ARLC buys the Pie vendors new Pie Warming machines so the 20 cent pies and 15 cent hot dogs are guaranteed to be hot.

Manly get 12 Friday night games (for the sponsors) and the other 12 are Sunday games...well 1 in NZ (still a Sunday) but the rest and ALL HOME GAMES are Sunday afternoon.

2 BUCKS A TICKET??????

What a rip off!

globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Give me a go.

2 BUCKS A TICKET??????

What a rip off!

Oh ok, I have just spoke to my board and they agreed 100%.....$1.00 a ticket now!!

50% discount - Hope your actual business discounts that much that easily!! :)

Does the $1 count travel to and from the game?

Re: ceo. A qlder hiring a pom for a nsw centric game...sheesh.

Not sure I like the approx 3 billion loss he 'presided' over (if true) but hopefully he does a good job.

*presses 'benefit of the doubt' button.*

Mark from Brisbane said:
globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Give me a go.

2 BUCKS A TICKET??????

What a rip off!

Oh ok, I have just spoke to my board and they agreed 100%.....$1.00 a ticket now!!
Free beer and it's yours....

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7