New Brookvale Oval seating ready for Sunday's game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MB - do you know what has happened to the new video screen? It looks like they've still got the temporary arrangement in place. The architect's plans indicate a new screen will be located to the east of the scoreboard.
I'm quite sure I saw a Council tender let, for the provision of a new screen, during the off-season.

And that perimeter fence is well past its 'use by' date!

The mayor and council staff look like they need a 'closer' working relationship.

:cool:

globaleagle said:
The mayor and council staff look like they need a 'closer' working relationship.

:cool:
Just curious

I have asked before no one replied. Is there some one at Manly who manages relationship with council?

The short and tall of it is this.

The governments, both federal and state, need to find the money to give the people of the northern beaches a sporting facility on a par to that given to Parramatta and Wollongong. There is no valid reason to delay it.

And I don't live anywhere near Brookie. I'm about driver, 9-iron from Parramatta stadium. No team in the state's premier sporting competition should be forced to survive without being able to offer fans and corporate partners 21st century facilities.

When you look at everything being done for the Broncos, this is not a level playing field.

For f*%^s sake. Do the right thing.

It would be nice if Warringah Council actually asked for some money - cant blame the governments they haven't been approached to provide funding. But yes we are owed and deserve some of the pie

My first time in JT stand today, usually at Brookie I've been on the hill or in the Fulton-Menzies. Great view - but the seats are sure close together, its very hard to get past others who are already in their seats. Has it always been like that?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
My first time in JT stand today, usually at Brookie I've been on the hill or in the Fulton-Menzies. Great view - but the seats are sure close together, its very hard to get past others who are already in their seats. Has it always been like that?

Yep. Drove me mad and I got an extra seat for gear and comfort for years (a long time ago) :)

Hats off to the coucil and club for getting the new section of stand open.

The 10 people sitting there must ahve really enjoyed it

Fluffy said:
Hats off to the coucil and club for getting the new section of stand open.

The 10 people sitting there must ahve really enjoyed it

That's the problem Fluffy, it's too expensive to sit there. For games against clubs like Easts who have stuff all travelling supporters the price needs to come down.

The JT is great but no room. You are stuck there for the day. The 10 customers brought in 550 bucks so that's a win for the club. lol

I actually did a rough count (from the Hill) and there were around 40 people in that stand. It is not well positioned and the price needs to be lower that the other stands.
Anybody among those 40 customers on here who can report their experience?

I would say the limited numbers in there is due to it only being opened during the week. Not many people would've bought presales as it was never going to be a sellout. Day games at Brookie means most people like the hill anyway.

A better guide will be our next home game to see how many are in it. We play Saints on a Friday night. That will be the test to see if people want to sit there. I hope it's full.

Darren said:
The JT is great but no room. You are stuck there for the day. The 10 customers brought in 550 bucks so that's a win for the club. lol

You're a moron all you do is make snide comments about the club and players, if manly is such a joke to you go and support someone else. Maybe your local team or even better your "mate" jase's team.

Was down at the gong at the weekend

Win is a great looking stadium but looked like it was getting even more work done?

The Wheel said:
is it considered a seperate stand or part of the Jane Try. If it is then can it be named???

Here are a few ideas;

Lyons/Toovey
Randall/Eadie
Krilich/Jones
Cliff Lyons/Steve Menzies Stand

Aetna said:
The Wheel said:
is it considered a seperate stand or part of the Jane Try. If it is then can it be named???

Here are a few ideas;

Lyons/Toovey
Randall/Eadie
Krilich/Jones
Cliff Lyons/Steve Menzies Stand

We already have the Fulton / Menzies Stand. Wait until Toovey wins the premiership and name it the Toovey Stand on GF night.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7