Never Say Die

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
RE: Nines against Warriors.

I thought some of our young players felt cheated and they hung their heads when a few decisions went against us. NOT a good sign.

OK. So we got robbed again and that swung the momentum. Can't believe the refs didn't see the forward passes and the no-grounding.

In saying that, a couple of players kind of threw the towel in and didn't try hard enough to defend. Jamie Lyon, Kieran Foran and Steve Matai would never give up, slow down, or hang their heads down low.

That's a very good reason to encourage Beaver to play this season. Many experienced forwards have left. He has to help guide the young forwards around the park. Having him in the team lifts the team. Some of his tackles today were spot on and looked like he'd never left.

BRING BACK THE BEAVER !!!

Ramrod said:

I thought some of our young players felt cheated and they hung their heads when a few decisions went against us. NOT a good sign.

OK. So we got robbed again and that swung the momentum. Can't believe the refs didn't see the forward passes and the no-grounding.

In saying that, a couple of players kind of threw the towel in and didn't try hard enough to defend. Jamie Lyon, Kieran Foran and Steve Matai would never give up, slow down, or hang their heads down low.

That's a very good reason to encourage Beaver to play this season. Many experienced forwards have left. He has to help guide the young forwards around the park. Having him in the team lifts the team. Some of his tackles today were spot on and looked like he'd never left.

Look it's probably inappropriate what I felt in the man region when Beaver came on in the first game today , but he is an enigma. If the situation arises then let him play I say.

wombatgc said:
Ramrod said:

Look it's probably inappropriate what I felt in the man region when Beaver came on in the first game today , but he is an enigma. If the situation arises then let him play I say.

Was it your Man region ?

Chee Kam has damaged his elbow in that Ceccin 'try' - to rub salt into every Manly Fan's wounds. :(
Jorgé Taufua ‏@yo_jorgetaufua 11h
Feel 4 my bro @chee_kam so unlucky with injuries man, been mad seeing him back & killing it ! Stay up uce #KeepOn

Out of the newbies, Tony Satini and Cheyse Blair really look good and Jesse was not far off:)

I love to see Tommy Symonds running around, and James Hasson's got some mongrel into him. His smack down of the Warriors Player at the short kick off (Manly are still weak in this area :s) was good to see.

Warriors should beat the Cowboys easily, especially as Coote is gone with an ACL.
Manly need to get Wolfie back on and maul the Raiders :idea:

#GoManly :exclamation:

Big wraps on ex Panther Satini and he obviously did something to be released on the eve of last year's finals. Cheyse definitely showing he wants to play 1sts which is great back up. Shame about Chee Kam!! Hopefully not too long!! Gee, Gutherson is skinny when looking at 1st grade. Still think Tom T will be the fullback in the future.

The commentators were trying to death ride Beaver today. The break Beaver made and his pass was amazing. They didn't make a fuss about that. I guess the anti-Manly brigade would hate to see him do well for us.

Darren said:
Big wraps on ex Panther Satini and he obviously did something to be released on the eve of last year's finals. Cheyse definitely showing he wants to play 1sts which is great back up. Shame about Chee Kam!! Hopefully not too long!! Gee, Gutherson is skinny when looking at 1st grade. Still think Tom T will be the fullback in the future.
Darren, Satini is as quiet as a church mouse off the field,I would be very surprised if he did anything wrong,the riff dont like paying their juniors very much money,as I said before

Hi MB, I looked up some panthers sites trying to find out why they cut their captain and a guy I had heard a lot about on the eve of their finals. There was talk of an indiscretion but couldn't get anymore than that. He was definitely rated by their fans as many had him pencilled in as a starting centre in future years. Great signing for us!!

I think the dropping of the heads is completely expected from young guys like this. I have no doubt you add a sprinkling of these guys into first grade over the next year or two and you'll have Killer, Snake, Foz, Gift (the list goes on!!) saying 'mate this is the Sea Eagles, we always believe, and if you don't then p*** off to the rabbitohs'

Ramrod said:

Beaver was a great player in his day and should have been the face of the NRL. A Legend on and off the field and should be an Immortal as well. But No I don't want him playing now, I want to remember the player he was in his Prime. Its now time for the next lot of kids to come through and I would hate to be a parent and have my kid miss out on a chance to play 1sts because they picked Beaver as the game is faster and we are all getting older. Lol

Eagle Rock said:
Ramrod said:

Beaver was a great player in his day and should have been the face of the NRL. A Legend on and off the field and should be an Immortal as well. But No I don't want him playing now, I want to remember the player he was in his Prime. Its now time for the next lot of kids to come through and I would hate to be a parent and have my kid miss out on a chance to play 1sts because they picked Beaver as the game is faster and we are all getting older. Lol

He's not really needed though either is he? I mean he's not going to play front row (where possibly we need some experience), but back row where we have 2 of the greatest backrowers going around (in Gift and Choc) and then a wealth of other quality backrowers (Buhrer, Horo, Tommy S) behind them. With some young ones sniffing around.

wombatgc said:
Ramrod said:

Beaver off the bench > Buhrer off the bench.

This is a no brainer, but it probably won't happen.

Yeh I don't know about that Ralphie. I think Buhrer is good around the ruck and in fact I thought in passages at the nines he was quite impressive. He's a tough little mofo and I think he's underrated.

I think the effort or lack there of in the final game shows where all the boys heads were for this. We were here for a little run, 110K and minimal injuries.

If we wanted to win Lyon, Brett, Foran, Matai and Choc would have played. Add our front row and back up props and 2/3 of our side is back in Aus.

Maybe they knew Wolfie was gone and decided to go into their shells and save it for the real game.

Killer03 said:
Yeh I don't know about that Ralphie. I think Buhrer is good around the ruck and in fact I thought in passages at the nines he was quite impressive. He's a tough little ... and I think he's underrated.

I love Buhrer, but every time he makes a tackle I wait for the penalty for slowing the play the ball. He is a serial offender. If he can get that out of his game he will be a great player.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7