Nervous times in NQ

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
How would you like to have 20 players off contract? I know Tamou would be a fantastic pick, but Scott would be awesome too!

Matt Scott's rise to be the No.1 prop in the NRL will make him one of the most sought-after players when the 27-year-old comes off contract at North Queensland next season.

Scott was named man of the match in Australia's 18-10 win over New Zealand in front of his home crowd at Dairy Farmers Stadium in Townsville on Saturday, after clocking up 184 metres from 16 hit-ups alongside fellow Cowboy James Tamou, who scored his first international try.

A quiet man off the field, the powerful Maroons star has replaced Petero Civoniceva as the cornerstone of the Kangaroos pack, and is hopeful of staying with the Cowboys after next year.

Scott is one of 20 players coming off contract at the club, including Johnathan Thurston, Tamou, Brent Tate and Matt Bowen, and knows next year is potentially the last time their talent-laden roster will have of winning a premiership together.

"It's definitely possible for all of us to stay but it's just hard," Scott said.

"All of those guys are going to be in high demand and hopefully I am too.

"We've got to see what happens. Hopefully the salary cap will be sorted out pretty quickly. It would be great to keep the bulk of the side together.

"We've got something special up here. A bunch of young fellas have re-signed like Jason Taumalolo and Tariq Sims.

"There's definitely a chance to win a premiership."

Despite the ARLC having agreed a new billion-dollar broadcast deal, a decision is still to be made on how much the salary cap will increase.

Scott said until he knows, he'll take his time and assess his options.

"I'd love to know what I am going to do, but with the salary cap not sorted I am happy to sit and wait," he said.

"Obviously the Cowboys have been good to me and I would like to return the favour.

"But it's a business deal and I think it's in my benefit to see what happens over the next couple of weeks."

Scott has witnessed Tamou's development at close quarters and said the 23-year-old, who showed the footwork of a halfback in scoring his try, has been a revelation in 2012.

"We work well together, we have two different styles and we compliment each other well," he said.

"It's good to have him out there, we know what each other are capable of," he said.

"He's come along in leaps and bounds this year, everyone can see that. I think he gained a lot of confidence out of rep footy.

"He's a big boy and starting to realise what he can do. Injuries permitting, hopefully we can keep playing together for a few years and win a few things."

Hopefully this isnt us in a couple years. We have ****loads coming off contract around the same time dont we?

Won't be anywhere near the DT hysteria talk on them as there was on us this year. Nobody cares it's the Cowboys. Much easier to keep dredging up mindless speculation on Manly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4