Negativity in this place lately

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chuckee

Formerly CJAeagle
I've been reading posts on this page for years and have quite thoroughly enjoyed it. But I've decided to join up and make my first post because lately the dribble coming out of some of the posters (not everyone) is horrendous, full of negativity. You may as well go and support parra while you're at it.
It's not the Manly way.

Time and time again every tiny opportunity you get you will lay your boot into the Penns, Bozo and Barrett (ffs give the bloke a chance, get behind him, he has a great opportunity to do something special and every coach starts as a rookie)

The Penns pour their millions into the club we love and they want success like we all do. I've heard people say that they are intentionally running the club into the ground... Wow, just wow, ahahaha you need to lay off the crack pipe if that thought even comes to your mind.
In case you didn't know about businesses usually when there is a change of ownership the sole owner will want things run their way and people in charge of different aspects, this is exactly what they are doing, from the top of management, coaching staff and players. So unless you're pooring your millions into the club you shouldn't be knocking them, give them a chance. They want us to stay at Brookie, they are trying everything they can and I'm confident they will be successful. It's just a shame the council want to be nazis.

Gutherson was let go disappointingly but in all honesty the club did the right thing, the kid wants an opportunity to play first grade, he didn't want to linger in reserves down the pecking order. This is no different to us getting Parcell, Koroisau, etc... They weren't going to get a shot at their former club so they did the right thing and released them with us being lucky to snatch them.

Also one last thing, people that have chosen to not renew their membership because of these things you really have no clue. Our club is nothing without us fans so we are the ones that will keep us at Brookie, by you not supporting us you're just making the club worthless and doing your part to not achieve success.

Already signed up and got my memberships for next season! Next year is a fresh start, we have had arguably the greatest 10 year era of any rugby league team of all-time when you think about how close the competition is nowadays.
So let's all get behind the players, Barrett and the club for 2016, and this can be the beginning of another great era! It's exciting times. Go the Sea Eagles!!

Last edited:
Definitely think we all need to get behind Barrett and the boys. I will always support the sea eagles and wish the coach and the team massive success.

But I also think we are justified in being negative or outraged over this years events. And this forum is a great place to vent.....I've certainly done it! Having said that it won't stop me renewing my membership, but if I got a phone call to renew (which I got a couple of years ago) I would tell the lovely lady I spoke to that I'm thinking about it. And make my displeasure clear about the years events. And I think people are misconstruing it being about missing the 8, or Tooves sacked or..... It's the combination of things which has stuck in most throats.

Mate, couldn't agree more with you. I don't go on this site as much as I used to coz I had a gut full of all the doomsday sayers. Never seen such sheet written by all the smart asses putting down our great club. They'd be the people who don't like change which unfortunately you have in every community. These will be the same people who will cheer Trent Barrett when he turns around the crap we've had to endure this year. Get a grip people and start posting positive stuff otherwise go and hang around Squidward and Eeyore.

I've been reading posts on this page for years and have quite thoroughly enjoyed it. But I've decided to join up and make my first post because lately the dribble coming out of some of the posters (not everyone) is horrendous, full of negativity. You may as well go and support parra while you're at it.
It's not the Manly way. Mate behind you all the way,I've been saying your exact feelings,we all need to support the club players and coaches,we are manly greatest club of all time,other supporters envy this wonderful club so come on all you sea eagle diehards get on board eagles4 everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Time and time again every tiny opportunity you get you will lay your boot into the Penns, Bozo and Barrett (ffs give the bloke a chance, get behind him, he has a great opportunity to do something special and every coach starts as a rookie)

The Penns poor their millions into the club we love and they want success like we all do. I've heard people say that they are intentionally running the club into the ground... Wow, just wow, ahahaha you need to lay off the crack pipe if that thought even comes to your mind.
In case you didn't know about businesses usually when there is a change of ownership the sole owner will want things run their way and people in charge of different aspects, this is exactly what they are doing, from the top of management, coaching staff and players. So unless you're pooring your millions into the club you shouldn't be knocking them, give them a chance. They want us to stay at Brookie, they are trying everything they can and I'm confident they will be successful. It's just a shame the council want to be nazis.

Gutherson was let go disappointingly but in all honesty the club did the right thing, the kid wants an opportunity to play first grade, he didn't want to linger in reserves down the pecking order. This is no different to us getting Parcell, Koroisau, etc... They weren't going to get a shot at their former club so they did the right thing and released them with us being lucky to snatch them.

Also one last thing, people that have chosen to not renew their membership because of these things you really have no clue. Our club is nothing without us fans so we are the ones that will keep us at Brookie, by you not supporting us you're just making the club worthless and doing your part to not achieve success.

Already signed up and got my memberships for next season! Next year is a fresh start, we have had arguably the greatest 10 year era of any rugby league team of all-time when you think about how close the competition is nowadays.
So let's all get behind the players, Barrett and the club for 2016, and this can be the beginning of another great era! It's exciting times. Go the Sea Eagles!!

Well said, just well said, that's all.

I swear, some posters are quick to rate a dislike, disagree, or troll - purely because others might see some positives with the board.

Great post CJAeagle .
We are a club that always over comes advesary negativity and all the other crap that tries to drag us down ,
The mighty Sea eagles has a proven history to ALWAYS sour above all this **** and continue to be successful
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

Well said, just well said, that's all.

I swear, some posters are quick to rate a dislike, disagree, or troll - purely because others might see some positives with the board.
Haha tell me about it!

It's not the Manly way.

The Penns poor their millions into the club we love and they want success like we all do. I've heard people say that they are intentionally running the club into the ground... Wow, just wow, ahahaha you need to lay off the crack pipe if that thought even comes to your mind.

Welcome CJA. I do think everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because others don't see it as you do doesn't make them any less fans. Just as passionate, different POV. Really no need to turn on each other.
And FYI It's pour. As in 'if the Penns pour too much of their money in, they will become poor' (as if!).
Carry on.

Welcome CJA. I do think everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because others don't see it as you do doesn't make them any less fans. Just as passionate, different POV. Really no need to turn on each other.
And FYI It's pour. As in 'if the Penns pour too much of their money in, they will become poor' (as if!).
Carry on.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion I agree but there is way too many Debbie downers on here.
And thanks officer grammar, haha I wrote it quickly in notes on my phone so spellcheck got the better of me lol

Everyone's entitled to their opinion I agree but there is way too many Debbie downers on here.
And thanks officer grammar, haha I wrote it quickly in notes on my phone so spellcheck got the better of me lol

Everyones entitled to their opinion i agree but.

G'day all,I would suggest CJA that perhaps what you term dribble by certain posters is in response,and proportionate to,what they would describe as the dribble that they have had to endure from our current management.
There is not a person on here who doesn't want our team to succeed or support our management,yourself and others obviously are happy with the way things have been done and are going,whilst I and others don't share that view and have grave reservations about what has transpired.
So to suggest that we should go and support Parramatta because we don't share your opinion,is in my opinion "not the Manly way".
cheers mike

Yes I agree,great post cjeagle,we are manly greatest club in the world,other supporters envy this club and so they should.we as supporters need to get behind the club the coaching staff and the players,let's put all this negativity behind and look forward to greater success,which we will have cause we are winners.eagles4everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtill I die.

Good first post.

But let's not forget this IS a forum, and everybody's opinions ( like them or not) are welcome , and just because yours doesn't agree with theirs doesn't mean you are right nor they wrong .

There's been lots of stuff that's gone down this year and understandably many are pissed.

But I do agree, we have to sit back and let the new crew have a go, who knows they might be a revelation !!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4