Need some ideas for competition/voucher give away

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

I need some ideas. We have a $50 voucher for the Manly shop up for a prize, and need to think of a competition that we can run for the next few weeks that will involve everyone and get a good winner for this voucher.

I am open to your suggestions, but want to get it kicked of by COB today or tomorrow

Dan

We have a minimum of two games left, and a maximum of 4 depending on how we go.

You could have a pick the "time we score our first try" in each of the games and do a cumulative tally of how close you get over the games we play. So if you think we will score our first try in the 8th minute and it ends up happening in the 4th minute, then your score is 4. If we score in the 18th minute your score is 10. So on for all the games we contest over the finals, lowest tally at the end wins. Should be pretty easy to track with a simple spreadsheet. Might need a tiebreak system if we only play two games as there is a reasonable probability that 2 or more people will end up on same tally. Over 3 or 4 games it is less likely.

The other option is pick the total amount of tackles the team makes over the finals series. The more games we contest the greater the tackle tally. You get one guess at start of finals and have to make a judgement on how many games we will play over the finals and likely total tackles made. You'll just have to nominate an official stats site so there is no arguments about final figure.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Pick the winners + margins for all NRL games for the finals series. Lowest score wins.
No picks, your out.
Pick team A by 10 and the win by 14 that is 4 points.... They loss by 10, that is 20 points.

Might be a bit much work for you though. We had this at work a few years ago with 15 people and it took a while to sort out after each round.

both good ideas, just a lot of work for me. I might open up another tipping comp and allow people to email me margin of one game I choose.

dan

Supercoach are runniing a finals series comp
So let that do all the work for you
Most ppl are already entered anyway
Only need to create a silvertails league, which can be done quite easily

The total tackles one would be easy to administer. You just open a thread here in the forum and get everyone to nominate their pick by posting in the thread. Closest pick to final tackle tally wins. In the event of tie the post that is made the erliest in the thread is declared the winner. It's basically like guessing how many jellybeans are in the jar. Completely random, needs no ongoing administration other than the ongoing addition of the official tackle tally after each game. You can lock the thread at the nominated cut off time before game one so no editing of guesses can occur and away you go.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2