Nateosaurus Myles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Last seen plodding around the pastures of Brookvale.
Na in all seriousness, it's hard to bag a bloke who threw himself around in tackles (36 tackles will attest to that), but his hit-ups and play-the-balls are slow, and they halt our momentum in attack. Hopefully he just needs time to acclimatise a bit (I haven't seen the likes of James Roberts or RTS, etc, start too well either), and will have some big games for us going forward.

If you're looking for someone that threw himself around last night DCE is the man. He made 16 tackles in the first 2 minutes! Not sure what his final tally was but I could forgive him his brain explosion when putting the ball into touch again from a penalty. As for Myles I see him somewhere between Starling and Lawrence in our pecking order. We paid overs for him during desperate times.

Myles is a good plodder, may well have been a damaging forward in his younger days but that's well past.

If he can continue his 40 tackles a game , and run in up a few times I guess he will be doing his job.

Seriously though cannot see him being picked for SOO this year.

Nate was on for 60 minutes. He made 36 tackles and 80 metres from 9 runs. Average gain 9 metres.

Jake was on for 80 minutes. He made 46 tackles and 64 metres from 10 runs. Average 6 metres. Plus a try from Mateo's deception.

Reading the forum, Jake was MOM and Nate the next Wiliame target. I just don't see what some are seeing. Thought Jake had the better game, but not by the difference suggested. And I like seeing Nate in tight and Jake wider. Means we have tough defence across the park.

just like the rest of the team Nate was much better last night than previous weeks.

When we signed him I thought we were bringing in an international and origin forward leader similar to BK, instead we just brought in a slightly above average plodder - I'm guessing this is where the majority of the forum's frustration lies

Traditionally the big men take a few rounds to work into peak form, I'm not worried by Myles form, he is extremely important to our new set-up.

Tough, experienced, hard head. He never pretended to be anything else.
I would agree if he were being paid somewhere between Starling and Lawrence's salary. Somehow I suspect he's getting significantly more.

Also, I'm not judging Myles on his first two games for us. I'm thinking of his whole career. Particularly the last few seasons.

Player values are not always easily seen.

My interpretation was that a part of Nate (and possibly even Lussick) being recruited was to get DCE to backflip. And this was needed because the extended dithering in recruitment meant we might even face possible extinction without DCE. And once they were recruited, other recruitments became easier for Bozo to negotiate.

So I see Nate's value as possibly going beyond what we see he does on the field, and even beyond what we don't see via the inspiration and leadership other players say he provides.

Maybe Nate has been listening to his own publicity and it's given him a swollen head.

Yeah no, I'm not sure about Myles. When he dropped that ball in the Sharks red zone I was kicking the TV in. For the money there would have been a million better options but I can see where Bozo was coming from. I can see the politics.

The stats don't show the pace Myles hits it up or plays the ball. It's noticeably slow some times. But overall I was happy enough with his game.
I think he has that senior head out their we need with the forwards. He's not flash but he never has been. He gets in there and tackles and takes the hard hit ups when no one else wants too. Maybe not at his prime anymore but still a solid player and can only see him improving as the season goes on.

Wasn't just tackling was putting some good hots on and driving his shoulder in. All their big men continued to run at him and he just chopped them down. Seriously he is easily the best half defender in the game. A lot of those forwards would of run straight over brooks or mosses

Not to mention the great JT who for all of his good points is still a turnstile in defence. If Andrew Fifita ran at him like he did last night at DCE, JT would be nowhere to be seen. He'd have run straight over him.

And just on Myles, yes he's a plodder, but he's never professed to be anything flashy. He's just a tough SOB who does a lot of the hard stuff. He may do it at one (slow) pace, but he does it. And last night I thought he was good. He didn't take a backward step.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4