• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He really needs to lead with his forehead

I think he did at one point. Did you see him come off the ground looking like a WWF wrestler who'd bladed himself?

And HapilyManly.....I only disliked your post because I hate Monday night games. Nothing more than extra television time IMO and usually disadvantages the teams playing that night.

Made some solid hits too
giphy.gif

In hindsight probably bad timing on starting a thread on Nate given the first up loss. Never meant as a criticism of his performance, just a follow on from an off season post about our need for a forward leader, especially when backs are to the wall (no pun intended).
With such a new roster I think it is fair to say we have lost a lot of leadership around the park, and I think Myles is the obvious choice in the forwards.
As much as I am against the dual captaincy concept, maybe this would be a time when it could be used effectively.
But I am not out there, maybe it's no big deal.

Hi all,

I think its very important to look at Nate Myles the player before we judge his performance on Friday night. Lets look at a few key stats from 2014 and 2015 which will give you a clear picture at least from a stats perspective the type of benchmark we would expect from Nate.

Average Tries per season = 0 (Nate has done every nudie run from 2013 onward)
Average line breaks per season = 1
Average Tackle busts per season = 8
Total Off loads per game = Less than 1
Tackles per game = Around 33
Missed tackles per game = 3.5
Hit ups per game = 11
Metres per game = 91

Offensively it's fair to say Nate isn't going to set the world on fire. He will perform a serviceable job as a prop - making meters and taking his share of hitups. Obviously the corner stone of his game is what he contributes defensively. He brings reliable defence to the ruck which is something we would all agree was missing last year. Obviously there are also his intangibles such as leadership skills and experience. He's another year older and so there may be some degradation of these stats ... on the other hand playing in a new environment may see improvement.

Suffice to say .... what you saw on Friday night is pretty much what you will see on average all year.

Last edited:
His replacement at the Titans Shillow the Pillow surprised me tonight....ran some hard metres, good offloads. They'll do well if he can recapture some of his rep form.
Nate is one of those enigma sorta players...bit like Shearer. They don't really give a f@ck what the world thinks of them. They dance to their own tune. They get the job done...their way, and usually a lot better than most in the end.
I'm hanging for him to be stand in captain just so I can hear some of his space cadet one liners!

I know it's ridiculous to worry about this after 1 game, but I do have to admit it went through my head in that 1st half whether we've done a Parra-Watmough with Myles. I'm nearly positive he will prove me wrong though. Nearly.

Hi all,

I think its very important to look at Nate Myles the player before we judge his performance on Friday night. Lets look at a few key stats from 2014 and 2015 which will give you a clear picture at least from a stats perspective the type of benchmark we would expect from Nate.

Average Tries per season = 0 (Nate has done every nudie run from 2013 onward)
Average line breaks per season = 1
Average Tackle busts per season = 8
Total Off loads per game = Less than 1
Tackles per game = Around 33
Missed tackles per game = 3.5
Hit ups per game = 11
Metres per game = 91

Offensively it's fair to say Nate isn't going to set the world on fire. He will perform a serviceable job as a prop - making meters and taking his share of hitups. Obviously the corner stone of his game is what he contributes defensively. He brings reliable defence to the ruck which is something we would all agree was missing last year. Obviously there are also his intangibles such as leadership skills and experience. He's another year older and so there may be some degradation of these stats ... on the other hand playing in a new environment may see improvement.

Suffice to say .... what you saw on Friday night is pretty much what you will see on average all year.[/
That's as good as it gets with him. By his standards he had a good game.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6