Mzembe to get chance in trial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Mzembe to get chance in trial

Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 2:17 PM

http://nrl.com/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/7846/Default.aspx

The Manly Sea Eagles will give an opportunity to a 22 year old winger who fled the war in Zimbabwe with his parents, when he was just 11 years old, in tomorrow's Gosford trial against the Melbourne Storm.

Gideon Mzembe will line up against the premiers in the opening 30 minutes of the trial in a chance to impress head coach Des Hasler.

Born in Zimbabwe of Malawian parents, Mzembe has had a taste of NRL football with the Brisbane Broncos over the past three seasons. He was 18th man in several matches last season including the Broncos clash with Manly at Brookvale Oval during State of  Origin time.

Mzembe went to primary school in Brisbane at Kalangur before attending secondary school at Ipswich Grammar where he played rugby union. Younger brother Pacharo has recently graduated from Nida and is a budding actor of great promise.

Mzembe has teamed up with exciting winger Michael Bani at the Sea Eagles and can relate to Bani's rise in the NRL last season.

"He has done well and is proof that if you take the opportunity you can achieve anything you want. "I'm grateful to Manly for the opportunity and I'm pleased to be thrown in the deep end against a side like Melbourne - I can't wait for kick off,"  Mzembe said.

The strong young winger has impressed with his flair at training this week and wears one red and one blue boot. Gideon Mzembe is different. When asked about why his family left Zimbabwe he said: "There was a war back home and we had to bounce quickly."
Source: NRL

Lets hope that he doesn't find out about this site.  One Zimbabwean here is enough. lol

Yeah but Rhodesian Ridgebacks are one of the ugliest, clumsiest breed of dog Fro. So it shares some traits with Mata.

What do you mean SOME Clon...He fits that description perfectly....with a few more kicked in for good measure.

Wasn't Aids created when a dude banged a Ridgeback? Mataaaaaa? (insert wink emoticon)

hehe, probably right there.

He'll be captain by Round 5 with Matas writing his press releases :)

And somehow still relating, and blaming  any losses Gideon might suffer to Monaghan.

it's always matai's fault....worst centre since the Beagles

ooeer, an attempted carve-up by a pack of dingos.  Shouldn't you all be looking for something you can manage like Azaria perhaps?

I'm just trying to work out what war he ran away from in 1997.  The Land Invasions started in 1999/2000.

If your around Mata, we'll bypass Azaria, and go straight for you. She's a snack, your an "all you can eat".

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6