• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SilverSkier

Reserve Grader
Ok so...to me there is a problem with the culture. I honestly believe we have the cattle but we don't have the desire. Something isn't right with the training aspect. It sounds simplistic but I believe there is a cancer in that department. I acknowledge the fact we have recurring injuries and our game day 17 is all over the place.
The solution......I have no idea. We are a winning club! Yes we are, and we should strive to continue that.
I will honestly give mr Barrett one more year but it seems we need someone from within the Manly culture to succeed .

Yes no culture and we don't seem to have a style of footy we own. You look at parra their style is defence based, penriths is about grinding teams, raiders is all about scoring more points than the other team, st George is about defence and low scoring. Cowboys there's is power in the forwards. We need to find a style of footy that suits manly. I also feel like the team is severely unbalanced. I think saying baz is the only answer I have stood buy him for a while now but we are just not finding anything out of walker at 5/8 it's stupid that they continue to try him there it's just taking the team backwards. I just want to see a team on paper that is balanced and looks like manly I want to see more juniors from our under 20s and more young guns. I don't like the way bozo is thinking he thinks everything is solved by signing a player. Things don't happen like that, we need to make this team want to play for manly. Des Hasler is under fire at the dogs sign him up as our real coach and he can bring some young guns with him. Also this may sound stupid but we should consider Mitchell Moses. He is an organiser and can control a game off the back of a good pack. He would foil DCE awesomely.

Mitchell Moses no, I honestly don't think so. I've always been a Des fan(when your old man says that he is the key, even though your old man was a parra fan then u need to listen)anyway, its time we have a good hard look at ourselves and be counted.

I blame the board and the Penns. We need more games at Brookie yet they take us all the way up to Suncorp against the Broncs to add to their salary? ****en bull****!!!!!!!!!! I hate the Penns and hate the way they have ruined manly. I use to love manly the team looked balanced and looked great and played great. We should have re signed Foran and DCE and that would have saved us year of rebuilding. Unless we find a good parter for DCE and a good centre we are not going to be in the top 8. I've ruled out a top 8 finish this year it's to big an ask now we have sharks, raiders and panthers up next and I don't expect wins from any of those games. And I'm not far from ruling out 2017 either!

Posting a team list or two always makes me feel better. Maybe you should try that.

Losing always hurts, makes the next win so much sweeter though

Taking the game to suncourpwas a bad move points wise. This is a Brookie move I disagree with. It was a short term solution and nothing less. Premiership points is the ultimate! Any potential sponsors, corporate whatever always love home ground dominance.

The team are failing at the basic fundamentals needed to win. We lack authority up front. Our ball control has been crap for 2 years. We do not have a plan B in the event that DCE is not playing or is contained. The one thing that is the most important is that the togetherness that our successful era had, 2006 to 2014 has gone and the first thing that our coaching staff have to do is to develop that. We have to win games in adversity, the softness of the donkeys tries coming from turn overs or penalties is killing the team each week, our goal line defence which was once such a strength is consistently found wanting now.

I still believe we have not seen this team at its best due to so many changes. I think some hard decisions are going to be needed in the next 2 years and the recruitment we do will be crucial.

our kicking game was really abysmal last night and has been most of the year ... DCE kicked too long in general play and we had no one there to put pressure on, when they kicked our catcher was invariably hit by three tacklers.
I'll cop **** for it but I don't think TT is a fullback same as Walker is not a 5/8 .... not now anyway and we need strong players in those positions NOW .... Killer is still doing good in attack but when Thaiday runs around you ... oh dear! ...
I hate to say it but maybe he does need to be moved to 5/8 for the rest of the year & Walker to centre ... maybe TT & Walker are our future centre pairing maybe Tom Wright might be the future full back??
Trent Barrett ... what can you say ... many of us here thought WTF you get rid of a Manly legend to experiment with an inexperienced (extremely so) coach with no Manly connection including the rest of the support staff
f***me .... our assistant coach is interviewed at the beginning of the year on how much Penrith means to him wtf!!
we have lost our direction, in attack we look lost and invariably are left with no option to put in a kick which is mostly crap, our defence has gaping holes, we are losing or have already lost our most experience MANLY mojo players and I can't see TB, JC et.al. instilling that Manly ethic into the new players ...
frustrated rant incomplete but thats it !!!!

Barret needs to fire up! His lackadaisical approach is killing me! A coach can be a mate to a player but for ffs blow a head gasket already mate! The players seem to be cruising with no consequence! It's like there's a sign at our club "Come to manly for an enjoyable retirement plan"

If bozo is the man everyone pipes up about then for god sakes man start cracking the whip!! RDB

We need to remember that things can turn around pretty quickly and I can remember Easts and Penrith having terrible seasons shortly before winning titles. A bit of patience could be needed and do not count out the great Bonzo he has had a lot of success in his time

and Melb and Penrith are idiots like us too, trading some $'s for 2 points by taking their home games elsewhere! Oh hang on.....what, they won! sneaky buggers
Most clubs take home games away now including those with supposed deep pockets, eg: Canterbury (NZ), Eels (NT), Roosters (Bluetongue).
Get over it and get on with it.

Our culture hasn't gone anywhere, the new custodians of it are just learning about it and figuring out how to apply it to the current mix.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7