My Two Bits for this Round 24

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
1. Parra has been on TV once too often. WHY?? ...including the great showing against the Storm for the main event?? Is this How the NRL wants to promote the game??

2. Are the refs picking on Manly or what?? Many penalties are leaving me totally confounded. Some, I'd say is justified when you can see our player committing an irregular moment of madness. However, there are many penalties against us that is just unfounded. Where's our penalty when Rose had his ball stripped?

3. Kade Snowden being sent off?? Even though I have no love for Newcastle, surely, that was just a collision? It's not his fault that Thompson was only that high and Kade basically just stood his ground.

4. This shoulder charge rule is ruining our game, all because of that cheat Inglis again (what he did to Dean Young). I have to say the player I despise most is Inglis.

5. Peta Hiku should be on our bench should we reach the GF. If a back is injured, he can cover us well. I don't expect Buhrer to play well in the backs no matter how good a utility he is.

6. Glad to see Gower getting Players Player a couple of weeks back. He does try hard and seem to be tough as nails.

7. Lyon - what a great player. Still scoring heaps at his young years. Glad he didn't miss a goal today but we should still have a better back up goal kicker for his "off days".

--

How about "7 bits for My Eagle Brothers"?
Anyway, I agree with all seven points. Especially agree with point five (though it won't happen). Hiku is a first grader, pure and simple. Every time he's out there he looks like he belongs. We'll need to find a spot for him sooner rather than later or he'll end up somewhere else.

Ramrod said:
1. Parra has been on TV once too often. WHY?? ...including the great showing against the Storm for the main event?? Is this How the NRL wants to promote the game??

2. Are the refs picking on Manly or what?? Many penalties are leaving me totally confounded. Some, I'd say is justified when you can see our player committing an irregular moment of madness. However, there are many penalties against us that is just unfounded. Where's our penalty when Rose had his ball stripped?

3. Kade Snowden being sent off?? Even though I have no love for Newcastle, surely, that was just a collision? It's not his fault that Thompson was only that high and Kade basically just stood his ground.

4. This shoulder charge rule is ruining our game, all because of that cheat Inglis again (what he did to Dean Young). I have to say the player I despise most is Inglis.

5. Peta Hiku should be on our bench should we reach the GF. If a back is injured, he can cover us well. I don't expect Buhrer to play well in the backs no matter how good a utility he is.

6. Glad to see Gower getting Players Player a couple of weeks back. He does try hard and seem to be tough as nails.

7. Lyon - what a great player. Still scoring heaps at his young years. Glad he didn't miss a goal today but we should still have a better back up goal kicker for his "off days".

--

In red, Kade Snowden hit a bloke with his shoulder and broke his jaw. Snowden turned side on and had his arms beside him. It was an absolutely classic shoulder charge. New rule or old rule it doesn't matter, he was rightly sent off for hitting the bloke in the jaw and should get 8 weeks for that.

Wasn't a shoulder charge. Snowden didn't go charging at anyone. He stood his ground & turned his shoulder.

Ban him for weeks for being reckless as his shoulder connected with Thompson in the jaw, same with Pritchard on Goodwin, but don't kid yourself either was a shoulder charge.

Maybe the first thing backs like Thompson & Goodwin should learn to do is not run into the middle of the field where the forwards are.

Less intent in Snowdens that what SBW dished up to Willie

That wasn't really a shoulder at all, if you're calling that a shoulder charge then you may as well call Milford on Matai leading with the knees, collisions will happen from time to time

Agree that sbw hit was the worst one, snowden was as bad as the dogs half's hit v souffs. pritchards was the worst of the weekends imo.

Ralphie said:
Ramrod said:

--

In red, Kade Snowden hit a bloke with his shoulder and broke his jaw. Snowden turned side on and had his arms beside him. It was an absolutely classic shoulder charge. New rule or old rule it doesn't matter, he was rightly sent off for hitting the bloke in the jaw and should get 8 weeks for that.

I've played League in my younger years.
The first thing a player does in a collision is to brace yourself on impact (to protect oneself).
Of course, he'll turn to his shoulder. I would.
The player that had the broken jaw, bad luck.

This was not a classic shoulder charge.
I did plenty in my time to know how to perform one and I've been on the receiving end of some too.
Inglis on Dean Young, would be more of the classic shoulder charge, in a lunging manner. But Inglis knew he was targeting the person's head and was deemed as such by the NRL.

Standing still without the lunge is NOT a classic shoulder charge.
Terry Randall would laugh at this ruling.

Geoff Toovey and Matthew Ridge both had broken jaws going into tackles, albeit not a shoulder but that's the risk of playing a contact sport.

-

castle eagle said:
should re-name this thread "my seven bits for this round 24" :D:D

Thanks for pointing that out. :rolleyes:
You've made a good point.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4