My top 3 manly memories

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
thought about the same mark,i didnt know there was another sea eagle fan in the very silent crowd

The crowd was indeed silent , my brother took me ( I was about 17) he's not a footy fan but I was jumping up and down a screaming like mad and he said " mate you'd better calm down a bit otherwise some of the locals might take you out the back and give you what for!!

What a great day!!

Going across the road for maccas and being allowed to bring it in.

Ha we used to go across the road from Seagulls Stadium, wearing huge warm hoodies and buy about 7 or 8 lots of "$2 worth of chips". They didn't like us taking chips back in, but we worked out that if you left a bag of the_best hot chips with the guys on the gate they'd let you in no worries :) This was back when you had school boys, U20's, Reggies and first grade all playing, with the first game kicking off about midday or so. Long but very entertaining :)

Dumb as bat**** Cuthbo gets sent off for a regulation high tackle 20 minutes in and we still pumped the Raiders

Matthew Ridge rightfully getting up and taking an extra 40 metres which lead to a try

05/06

Matai making Finch eat the advertising board unnecessarily,it was only then i felt we had truly became manly warringah again and i knew we'd be back in the hunt sooner rather than later

Monas second half against the cows, while not defensively perfect he put on a clinic

That second half against the bunnies, i loved that the media and the toofless scum were made to wait another year because of us

One of the most fun moments, at least for a Manly supporter, was when Johnny Gibbs was just coming through. I think he was only about 19 and in reserve grade and impacting just as sensationally as young Tom T. is today. There was one occasion when he made one of his characteristic jinking runs through a mass of players and broke into the clear about 60 metres out. An opposition player chased him all the way to the try line between the posts. But Gibbs, ever the trickster, reached the try line and rather than put the ball down he side stepped. The opposition player dived, totally missed Gibbs and sprawled passed Gibbs who was standing on the try line. Gibbs then looked at him and very casually placed the ball over the try line.

Another Gibbsy memory was at North Sydney oval. Norths had Manly beaten, it was mid way through the second half and then in just about a five minute period Gibbs did his jinking through a mass of players several times which led to 2 or 3 very quick tries and a Manly victory. Came out of nowhere. I was sitting next to a North Sydney supporter. All he could say was 'We had you but then you've got that Gibbs.'

Gibbs could have been an all time great but for injury. Manly even let Steve Martin go, thinking Gibbs would recover. He made Steve Mortimer look pedestrian in his hey day. Gee he was a sight to behold at his best.

It's funny how being a Manly supporter INSTANTLY sets you apart from the mundane.. I started a new job a few weeks ago and am already the "Manly supporter" amongst my new workmates ;)

Probably giving away my age but here goes:

1.The guy throwing the boomerang at half time at Brookie.
2. Running on Brookie after the game as a kid with Bozo's No.4 on my Manly Jersey and trying to get the corner post. ( never did get it).
3. Sliding down the back of the Brookie hill on a bit of cardboard.
You forgot the peanut dude. Think he was Greek. Peanuts in the shell peanuts 20cent.

1976 to deny Parra scum a maiden premiership was even more satisfying over the subsequent years.
2008 40-nil and THAT Beaver moment.
2013 prelim final although I wasn't there to comeback and tip the vermin out was priceless.

2008 GF 40 nil - beavers last try before going to the UK, nothing will come close to this lol

2013 Prelim Final vs Rabbitohs - 14 nil down, great 2nd half performance. Still recall Wolfmans try that game, and saved on my sky box lol.

Parramatta 2007 when the eels fans were giving killer crap all game and we still won. That win made up for when we first cracked the finals under BK in 05 when we got smashed by 20 odd points lol

This is the best thread ever!!! After all the negativity this year this thread is why we follow The Sea Eagles and why they mean so much to so many.

Reading these there are so many great memories from everyone's top three, memories are flooding back. I can't narrow it down there as there are just too many and mine aren't just about the footy but the people I was with watching many of those games and the memories of growing up as a mad Manly fan and now keeping that tradition going with my kids.

1. Going to my first games at Brookie in 1976 with my Dad. What a year to start going. When the footy was boring we kids would have fun sliding down the back of the hill on a cardboard box. Dad would always buy me peanuts from the peanut man "peanuts, peanuts, fresh peanuts". Anyone remember him?

2. Taking my kids to their first games at Brookie and continuing the family tradition and now as a family we all go to every home game. I know that the tradition will also continue on with the next generation. If the Penns don't **** the join up.

3. 40 0 ..... BEST DAY EVER!!! Still brings tingles to the spine thinking about it!!!

Wagging school in '78 with a bunch of mates to watch the GF reply vs the Sharks!

A few that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Lucky last minute win over parra at brookie in 2011 with an infield kick from the wolf finding foran under the posts to break the hearts of the few eels fans there as brookie exploded in joy.

2 field goals by Hodkinson to go from 1 point behind to 1 point in front in the last 2 sets of the game in 2010 to beat Souffs after I thought we'd blown it.

Cheating Purple Scum Spoon appreciation night at Brookie (again in 2010) when Slater tried to stop TRex from getting over the line and was sent flying through the air as the big man put it down with wooden spoons being waved in their dirty cheating faces.

1996 Preliminary Final v Sharks. All the hype in the lead up was around flavour of the month David Peachey and his "unstoppable" ability to score from bombs. Manly put a stop to that tactic by keeping the Sharks in their own half for almost the entire match and won 24-NIL with Peachey getting a couple of try assists by dropping the ball running it out from the line - one courtesy of a Beaver special that cut him in half! It was a massively tough game though and 6 or 7 of the good guys ended up with stitches in their heads.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2