My top 3 manly memories

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Probably giving away my age but here goes:

1.The guy throwing the boomerang at half time at Brookie.
2. Running on Brookie after the game as a kid with Bozo's No.4 on my Manly Jersey and trying to get the corner post. ( never did get it).
3. Sliding down the back of the Brookie hill on a bit of cardboard.
Mate so remember all that. Especially the guy who threw the boomerang. Always remember how cold it gets at Brookie around 4.00.

Fulton scoreing three trys in short time to get the score to beat the score of the same round in the previous season for the craven a(cigarette company) money award $1500 i think,newtown were Fultons victims that day.
Alex Tennant at full speed
Bob Batty toe pokes

No 1. 1978 Most extraordinary almost fairy tale performance I've seen. This was the 'Rocky' of performances where Manly won the premiership playing 6 games in 25 days including two replays. I was there for the lot of them. The standout performance not only for Manly but for any grand final I've seen since the 60s.

No 2. 1972 The break through grand final victory. And it took a galaxy of stars to achieve it. Eadie, Irvine, Brannigan, Fulton, Brown, Martin, Ward, Hamilton, Jones, O'Neill, Thompson, Randall and Reilly. Still remember watching it from the Hill.

No 3. 2008. After Melbourne had given us a pasting we returned the favour with extras. Menzies great swan song and that try. Fairy tale stuff.

Most remarkable attacking players I've seen with Manly
Fulton
Lyons (Cliffy)
Menzies
(Johnny Gibbs just misses out)

Best defensively
Randall
No one else close.

I well remember Nick and Fred Yakich. Those were the days of Pogo Morgan, Bob Batty, Billy Bradstreet, Day and Veivers from QLD, cranky Frank Stanton, Les Hannigan, Alec Tennant, Mick Simmons and a kid called Fulton. Halcyon days indeed

I well remember Nick and Fred Yakich. Those were the days of Pogo Morgan, Bob Batty, Billy Bradstreet, Day and Veivers from QLD, cranky Frank Stanton, Les Hannigan, Alec Tennant, Mick Simmons and a kid called Fulton. Halcyon days indeed
were you there when vievers kicked the field goal from the side line 48 yards out

No 1. 1978 Most extraordinary almost fairy tale performance I've seen. This was the 'Rocky' of performances where Manly won the premiership playing 6 games in 25 days including two replays. I was there for the lot of them. The standout performance not only for Manly but for any grand final I've seen since the 60s.

No 2. 1972 The break through grand final victory. And it took a galaxy of stars to achieve it. Eadie, Irvine, Brannigan, Fulton, Brown, Martin, Ward, Hamilton, Jones, O'Neill, Thompson, Randall and Reilly. Still remember watching it from the Hill.

No 3. 2008. After Melbourne had given us a pasting we returned the favour with extras. Menzies great swan song and that try. Fairy tale stuff.

Most remarkable attacking players I've seen with Manly
Fulton
Lyons (Cliffy)
Menzies
(Johnny Gibbs just misses out)

Best defensively
Randall
No one else close.
Ooh I think Jake T will be our next Randall.

I was at Redfern oval on that bright and sunny day, Ronny Gibbs try was sensational and I remember all the MANLY fans at the ground going off including me and my sons, that game along with a bruising encounter against the Magpies at Lidcome oval in I think 1978 and of course the 2008 40/0 win stand out in what are a thousand memories, my lowest point i must divulge was the morning after the 2007 GF,having been at the debacle I had to take the 6.00am flight to Melbourne the following morning for business and one of my colleagues had the flight attendant notify everyone on board, and most of them were in purple, who and where I was, worst flight ever !!!
You were on a plane with the Storm's fans? What, BOTH of them? What a horrible experience that must have been. Still, you ended up having the last laugh when you think about it... 

1. Beaver scoring the try in '08 for a 40-0 drubbing of the drizzle.

2. The Battle of Brookie.

3. Sliding down the back of Brookie Hill as a kid.

Just noticed this thread so I thought I would tell you mine. 1 The 2008 grandfinal. I was in Grassy's theater room watching it in full 7.2 glory on a 140inch projector screen and the surround sound and picture was amazing. Always remember the beaver going over and the comentators being beside themselves.Thanks for inviting us Grassy, there was many a drum solo played that day. 2 Being at penrith park back in the 70's and watching Rex Mossop get dropped of in a helicopter at the ground then before the game getting Bozo,s sig. Manly then went on to give them a thrashing to cap of a wonderful day. 3 Watching manly beat Brisbane at my daughters wedding reception in 2011 to get into the grandfinal at hogs breath cafe in Townsville. That topped off a great wedding.

Just noticed this thread so I thought I would tell you mine. 1 The 2008 grandfinal. I was in Grassy's theater room watching it in full 7.2 glory on a 140inch projector screen and the surround sound and picture was amazing. Always remember the beaver going over and the comentators being beside themselves.Thanks for inviting us Grassy, there was many a drum solo played that day. 2 Being at penrith park back in the 70's and watching Rex Mossop get dropped of in a helicopter at the ground then before the game getting Bozo,s sig. Manly then went on to give them a thrashing to cap of a wonderful day. 3 Watching manly beat Brisbane at my daughters wedding reception in 2011 to get into the grandfinal at hogs breath cafe in Townsville. That topped off a great wedding.
You welcome Jen it was great to have you over.We had a wonderful time and will never forget it.First time I ever seen Rebecca say more than 2 words in 1 game(hehe)

1. 2008 GF Beaver just scored and Killer was so excited, he kept patting him on the head, it meant so much to killer he was like an excited little boy.
2. 2011 GF Killer just scored the try that sealed the game, Brent Kite was next to killer and again was so happy, was the only time I saw him swear, and it show how much he loved Manly
3. Brett Steward come back against the Tigers, scoring three tries and to watch the crowd and player go crazy was the best feeling.

Bob batty and Allan Thompson presented us with a pennant and a trophy in 1971 for winning the junior comp
One of the old times when the photograph was on the front of the stage and gave you the photo without having to pay

Got mine signed by bob Thompson and les Hannigan

Big night for a 7 year old boy

You were on a plane with the Storm's fans? What, BOTH of them? What a horrible experience that must have been. Still, you ended up having the last laugh when you think about it... 
Right you are, it's a shame the Smartarse scum supporters in front of me at the game weren't there in 2008, what a blast that would have been, ahhh karma how wonderful you are !!!

1. Playing touch footy against the other supporters behind the hill. 2. The old peanut guy and his brown bag. 3. Going across the road for maccas and being allowed to bring it in.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6